Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enigma

good ol boy
I sent out a bunch of resumes a long time ago, and I recently got a call from jetways about a possible opening. Since I sent them out, I was hired by a small airline, (Spirit) and am now a MD80 Captain. I'm not really looking for a job, but a man is stupid if he doesn't at least take a look at an opportunity(and I really like small jets). Has anyone heard anything about this company called Jetways. They're out of Minnie and fly Falcons.
Thanks for any information you might have.
8N

I don't know much about either company. But, you have to consider a few things here.

First, would you rather be a corporate pilot? If you want to make a break into corporate aviation, then corporate aircraft experience is a positive thing. Part 135 Jet experience will get you that initial experience. But I see you already have some time in Lears.

Second, Part 135 operators are generally not the best companies to work for, especially if you are coming from a 121 airline. Things are usually very loose. Standardization and schedule usually don't exist, especially when compared to an airline. Pay is usually mediocre too, but I don't know what you are making now for comparison.

If you are generally happy, and eventually looking to move to a Major (someday in the FAR future), then stick it out where you are. If you wan't to go to a Fortune 500 corporate flight department some day, take a good look at 135 and smaller 91 corporate jet operators.

Good Luck,
Jetpilot 500

Jetpilot500

Thanks for your input. I am actually well positioned for the future in the 121 environment. But It never hurts to consider all offers. I don't really care what/who I fly as long as I can have the life I want. I know that there are some corporate jobs out there that compete with major airlines for pay and work environment. If Jetways has that kind of potential, I'd be stupid to pass it up. Now, if I can only get the information before I need to make a decision.
Thanks again
8N

I sent them a resume too, back in October. They are a small fractional company (I think they only have six (?) airplanes) and they are based in STP. A friend of a friend works there, and it's run like a 135 company. I think the schedules are decent, but the pay tops out somewhere in the high 60's (again, all secondhand information). Granted, 60-something k a year is nothing to sniff at (at least not in MN), but there are probably better opportunites out there. Jetways would be a great place to get that corporate experience and move on. I haven't heard anything since I sent them my resume, so they must not be interested. Good luck. PM me and let me know how things turn out.....

Latest resources

Back