Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 3 FBO's were (are) for sale.

Jet Direct for sale???

In theory, this notion seems plausible. The former parent company sold itself into two entities and no mention was made (that I ever saw) about how the proceeds from the sale were divided. If Sentient took all the money and the new Jet Direct got nothing, they're likely to be still in a world of hurt. Recent posts have described vendor invoices not being paid for individual aircraft and that aircraft were leaving for this reason. If this situation remains today, it's very likely that they are for sale. IMHO...

In theory, this notion seems plausible. The former parent company sold itself into two entities and no mention was made (that I ever saw) about how the proceeds from the sale were divided. If Sentient took all the money and the new Jet Direct got nothing, they're likely to be still in a world of hurt. Recent posts have described vendor invoices not being paid for individual aircraft and that aircraft were leaving for this reason. If this situation remains today, it's very likely that they are for sale. IMHO...

How could Sentient take all the money????
A little history, JetDirect purchased Sentient a couple of years ago and retained the Sentient name for brand recognition purposes. During this time, Sentient aquired numerous charter companies and their operating certificates.
Recently, after the combined company received a new round of funding from their private investors, JetDirect sold the Sentient Jet Card membership and the AvBuy fuel purchasing program to Mcquarie, an Australian private equity firm.
The proceeds of that sale went to JetDirect and their private investors who still own and operate the aircraft management company, FBO's and I believe the JetCorp 145 repair station.
Due to the fact that JetDirect is a privately held company, details of the sale were not released to the public.

That all makes good sense. But it does not explain why owner bills weren't paid to vendors. If I understand correctly, at least a couple of owners, maybe more, left Sentient for this reason. If Sentient/JetDirect got all this money, what happened that they couldn't or wouldn't pay those invoices. This is why I'm guessing (admittedly) that Jet Direct didn't see much of the sale proceeds.

Any thoughts??

It would make some sense. I'm sure a lot of companies are for sale right now, the more pressing question is: Who is in a position to purchase them? Right now a large, disfunctional aircraft management & charter firm probably wouldn't attract a lot of buyers.

It would make some sense. I'm sure a lot of companies are for sale right now, the more pressing question is: Who is in a position to purchase them? Right now a large, disfunctional aircraft management & charter firm probably wouldn't attract a lot of buyers.

It's a good question. I guess I don't know enough about how they are run and what their overall value to someone is.

The official word about the non payment was that they were integrating 5 or 6 accoutning systems and many payments got fumbled because of that.

Latest resources

Back