Jetblue's Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

a320drivr

I think its pretty crappy of you NWA, CAL, UAL, DAL, and AMR people not to offer a reciprocal agreement with our FA's. Im kind of getting tired of hauling you folks around when you dont offer the same to our people. What really pisses me off is when you get on board and ignore our FA's, dont introduce yourself to the number one and the Capt. Its like you are owed a ride. Its a courtesy and not a given right to give you a ride.
We make life pretty easy for you folks.

Thanks to Frontier, Spirit, and AirTran for letting our FA's ride. They appreciate it.

Since most legacy carrier employees have to pay to ride on thier own airline, getting a free ride as a LCC FA on a legacy carrier is pretty slim. Fix it so all legacy carrier employees can ride for free then you can too...

To the original poster-
If you have a problem with a jumpseater being rude to your or the any of your crew, kick them off or at least say something. Best of luck.

b737drivr said:
Mullet,
Why dont you fly a real jet. You Canadair puke. You must be CMR.
Real jet? What are you twelve? I did fly the 737 and it was alot easier to fly than the CRJ. Nope, I dont fly for CMR.
take care sweetheart

I for one really appreciate your generosity. I so wish that our airline would open up our jumpseats but everytime we try to bring it up, the airline is adamently against it. Maybe someday.

Sometimes it's impossible to stop in to the cockpit and say 'hello and thanks'. A couple of weeks ago they had us board from the rear door and I couldn't get up front. I always help clean up and then make sure to say "thanks". You guys are the best, thanks again.

FlyUnited

As a jetBlue pilot I would like to thank all the United crews for their generosity as I commute between Ord and Lga. Everyone that I have encountered have been nothing but professional and I only hope that our crews continue to welcome you aboard. Thanks for the many rides.

I hop on and speak with the Capt and the F/A's when I j/s on B6. It is sad that F/A's nowadays can't jumpseat on other carriers, but yet pilots can. It is so bloody political and there should be a CASS system for the F/A's. I wish we could offer up a reciprocal agreement, but we don't make the rules on the line.

I'm sorry but I can't believe that there are f/a's that jumpseat or nonrev on another carrier and they don't even show the respect of saying hello, thanks for the ride or most important letting the number 1 f/a know they have a trained f/a onboard if your not in uniform. When I was flying at CAL it was almost law when you commuted out of uniform you let somebody know that they have 1 extra "Able Bodied Assistant", comes in handy when something happens and you can't get to another zone/area to assess conditions. I think its industry standard that pilots do not board the a/c without letting somebody know they're on the a/c....See UAL232 crew list!!! Extra pilot!!! Any extra help I could have was always a blessing so lets get back to the old school ways of being plain old nice, respectful and knowledgeable of another f/a's job. We all can say we have "walked/flown in someone else's shoes" so don't forget we all start at the bottom and get better everyday and experience is learned one day at a time.

BlkAv8tor2003

a320drivr said:
I think its pretty crappy of you NWA, CAL, UAL, DAL, and AMR people not to offer a reciprocal agreement with our FA's. Im kind of getting tired of hauling you folks around when you dont offer the same to our people.

I agree....BUT....lets remember that an F/A J/S agreement is something new in this business. Also, its not like it is up to a few flight attendants to make this decision. You have to deal with managements, POI's and others.

It's really great that something like this is available.....but keep in mind that there are airlines out there that won't even let their own F/A's ride in the empty J/S.....how do you deal with that mentality?

Tejas

Latest resources

Back