Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Networ-King

Alright,

For all you Jetblue wannabes and the current Jetblue pilots.... could you guys clue me in to what your requirements are? I have been to the sight and checked it out and they say that they no longer require the 1000 PIC Turbine. However, when you fill out the application...... when it asks for your PIC Turbine time.... to the right of it in parenthesis, it says minimum of 1000 hours. So whats the scoop....... I've got over 1500 hours in the bus with 300 in the left seat and Im still not qualified to interview. I am waiting my turn and just curious if you guys could shed some light on this subject. Thanks in advance ...............

The latest Air Inc. publication with an article on Jet Blue puts thier bare mins. at 1500 total and 1500 PIC turbine. The competitives given are 2 to 3 times the mins.

Apparently, according to the article, if you do not meet the mins. on the online application ( all Jet Blue uses), one can not submit the application.

I myself is no where close so good luck.

SquirrelDog

My ex called me one night in early december to tell me that JB had gotten rid of the 1000pic requirement..She is only a FA so I don't know how knowledgable she is at the moment...I didn't look into it too much cause I'm not even close to the competitive mins. but there's probably a good chance it was true, cause I know for sure she wouldn't call me otherwise....

Networ-King

Yes, jetBlue has dropped the 1000 PIC Turbine. We had a briefing from the Chief Pilot last Friday. He said that even though the requirement has been dropped it will still be used as a "consideration" As far as the on-line application goes, he said that the program has not yet been updated to reflect the change. It will be updated "any time now" Your exact situation brought about the change. He said there were many piots out there with multiple years of time on the Bus but because of different reasons they don't have the PIC time.
I recommend you check the web site every day to see if the on-line change has been made.
He also stated that we currently have 4,500 applications based on the minimums as they currently stand with the 1000 PIC. Therefore, when the change is made on the web site it will probably be flooded with new applications. He also said we will hire about 180 pilots in 2003. We currently have 37 jets and will pick up 13 more this year
Hope this helps........good luck

Jetwing, or any other JB crewmember.
How many pilots are on the list right now & how many crews do they normally staff on each plane?
Thanks for the info
Malibu

I know a guy that got hired,it was a year or so ago but he only had small tubropop time and a DUI,now he is a capt. over there,maybe you need a DUI.

Well.......

Im glad to have gotten some good news finally in this time of aviation horror. I know I don't meet the competetive mins for Jetblue and I really don't know how qualified a 12000 hour 727 pilot is on the bus with all their PIC time. Now don't start jumping down my throat guys..... I have flown with alot of different kinds of pilots as my FO and as my Captain on the bus and some were older 727 guys. All Im saying is that Jetblue went through a time that guys were busting out at a 50% rate. Thats why guys were upgrading in 6 to 8 month because some people were afraid to bid the upgrade. This info is from buddies that are at Jetblue right now........ so if it doesn't hold water.....well please correct me you blue suiters. I think this is why Jetblue changed their mins right? Well Im flying an ERJ right now in the left seat so Im getting the left seat time needed. Again..... thanks for your help guys and hope things get better.

It would appear that you still need substantial turbine PIC to get an interview. I've got 9000+ heavy jet, A320 type, 300 hours A320, but only 1000 turbine PIC. Had my app. in since May with no response.

Meanwhile a friend of mine with a very similar career path except for a couple thousand hours more turbine PIC, got an interview within 3 months of applying. And he had no one at Jet Blue helping him.

Maybe everyone thought my post was a joke.......but it was not.I believe that guy I new got on sometime in 2000 I can't remember,but all he had was turboprop time lots of PIC but no jet and the DUI is for real.I remember him telling me that he was going to give it a try but that the DUI would probanly do him in ,it did not.I guess the point is if they want you,they want you.All the flight time in the world and keeping your nose clean ,so to speak won't help if they don't.If someone really knew the secret as to why some get jobs and others don't they could make a fortune.

Intruder One,

Why do you think people thought your post was a joke? Because no one responded to it? My response is "so what". This guy put his paper work in when you didn't, end of story. Why be jealous, or negative?

Believe me when I say jetBlue's background investigation is very thorough. Any negatives can be weighed on length of time since the occurrence, as well. I can't speak as to this particular person's case because I am not privy to the details that any one in the People Dept. looks at in hiring any one. I think I've figured out who "your friend" is, however. He was a check airman at his previous airline, and is an all-around nice guy to boot. I'd put my family on his airplane, any day of the week. Come to think of it, I can say that of every pilot I've personally flown with at this airline. Whatever the "magic formula" is, it seems to work from my perspective.

Respectfully,

Jaydub

Latest resources

Back