JetBlue WannaBe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJPilot

I've already applied and interviewed once (unsuccessfully) and have now reapplied under the new system. Anyone have any info on how JB handles "2nd chancers"? Do they have any preference for people trying again or not? Are they still doing the mass interviews with 75% rejection rate? What's the latest timeframe from application to interview date? Last time around for me was about 6 months from initial contact to interview date. Anyone with recent info about upcoming interview dates or hiring plans/trends please post.

I would greatly appreciate advice from any JetBlue pilots that may have tips on do's and don'ts to get the job with JB. You guys are fortunate to be employed with the best company in the business! I hope to join you sooner or later.

Thanks in advance,

CRJPilot
JBDreamer

I am not part of the pilot recruitment team, but here is my take on your situation.

The company is screening applications for "quality indicators" just like everyone else does. If you get a call for an interview, you will have passed a tough review of your qualifications and are a viable employee.

As for second chancers, my take is this: there are no points detracted or added for second-time intervewees. Some of those interviewed have been turned down with the words "you have a great history, but you need a little more time to compete favorably. Apply again as soon as you get that time." That tells me the company (true to the values we preach) attempts to give everyone a fair shot at getting hired if they fit the criteria.

Sorry, but I don't know what percentage of interviewees to those hired is, but I don't think it even approaches 75% now that the applications are screened. Again, like most other airlines, if you get the call, you are a good candidate for the job.

Tips on getting hired? Just be yourself at the interview!

Hope this helps, and best of luck.

Thanks for the quick response.

I interviewed in May 2001. At the time they were conducting 2 days of back to back interviews of 50 people each day. They came right out at the interview and told everyone that out of the 100 they were interviewing they would only hire enough to fill a class of 20-24 slated for Aug 2001. Everyone else would be rejected. Additionally I attended several Air, Inc. seminars prior to and after my interview date. I believe it was Mike Barger who did a great presentation on the airline - he also mentioned that they have a 75% rejection rate.

It definately held out in my case and at least 3 other buddies of mine that interviewed that day. All good guys, but all turned down.

Just wondering if they are still batting the same average or if they have somehow changed the process. With that in mind, I'm trying to do everything I can to beat the odds next time around.

Thanks for your help.

CRJPilot
JBDreamer

all has changed

In my interview, Feb 12th, 72 candidates showed up in their pretty suits and ties with an invite. 52 passed "Phase 1", the interview. I don't have the numbers who went on to pass "Phase 2", the extensive 6-wk background check, but I trust the numbers were very high. No longer are the odds stacked against you at the interview. However, probably closer screening and more scrutiny than ever goes into the candidates who are invited. So, while it may be harder (?) to get an interview, it is definitely easier to pass the interview than it once was apparently. Again 52/72 passed my group. Be yourself and be cool.

Latest resources

Back