• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Vote....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA worked out so well for TWA, USAir, Midwest, Lynx to name a few... They stood by during the past ten years of lost pensions, benefits, pay and jobs too in this industry. You want examples-- crap, just open your eyes and look at what has happened to those ALPA carriers. A contract ain't worth anything in bankruptcy-- look at UAL, you can work decades to build up the best contract to see it "poof" disappear!!! OK, let's have a seat at the table and start over again at Jetblue... We WANT industry average!!!!! Give us what American has with their trip protections (what they don't get pay protected for a modified or cnx trip?). How about UAL's 50% DH pay... How about industry average 190 pay (what, it's lower?)... I just say, be careful what you consider is industry average...

You can't deny that we may be "locked-in" our first contract for up to 12 years (2 years negotiation + 5 year contract, + up to 5 years of Airtran-like negotiation) The talks under the PVC now are ongoing with changes made for mostly the better almost on a yearly basis (light speed compared to a contractual negotiation)... NO, it's not perfect-- not even close!!!! But no matter how you paint it, Jetblue has provided for my family and me, better than most Americans these past 10 years... IMO I really don't think our blue-collar job is all as hard as you guys paint it to be-LOL, but then again according all of you in the know, I'm clueless anyway!!!

I dont think that having ALPA is what makes an industry leading contract, or an industry leading company. When I see Mesa come up with an industry leading contract I will change my tune, but until then I see ALPA as an organization going after dues money of a successful company without paying any attention to the real crap-hole companies they already represent.

http://www.alpa.org/Home/WhoWeAre/PilotGroups/tabid/2239/Default.aspx

Does FedEx have a sweet contract because of ALPA? Does Mesa have a crappy one because of ALPA?

If you take credit for one, you must take blame for the other...

ALPA worked out so well for TWA, USAir, Midwest, Lynx to name a few... They stood by during the past ten years of lost pensions, benefits, pay and jobs too in this industry. You want examples-- crap, just open your eyes and look at what has happened to those ALPA carriers. A contract ain't worth anything in bankruptcy-- look at UAL, you can work decades to build up the best contract to see it "poof" disappear!!! OK, let's have a seat at the table and start over again at Jetblue... We WANT industry average!!!!! Give us what American has with their trip protections (what they don't get pay protected for a modified or cnx trip?). How about UAL's 50% DH pay... How about industry average 190 pay (what, it's lower?)... I just say, be careful what you consider is industry average...

Not trying to stir the pot here, but I suggest you actually speak to the former USAir, TWA, and Mesa pilots who are on the OC. They have seen first hand what happens in this industry, and are supporting the union drive 100%.

Pro JetBlue
Pro Union

Vote ALPA!

You can't deny that we may be "locked-in" our first contract for up to 12 years (2 years negotiation + 5 year contract, + up to 5 years of Airtran-like negotiation) The talks under the PVC now are ongoing with changes made for mostly the better almost on a yearly basis (light speed compared to a contractual negotiation)... NO, it's not perfect-- not even close!!!! But no matter how you paint it, Jetblue has provided for my family and me, better than most Americans these past 10 years... IMO I really don't think our blue-collar job is all as hard as you guys paint it to be-LOL, but then again according all of you in the know, I'm clueless anyway!!!

What do all the airlines have in common in the first sentence??? Could it be bankruptcy? The last ten years have been filled with unrprecedented terrorist attacks, economic disaster, and skyrocketing oil prices. Is ALPA responsible for that too? Sure when an airline goes into bankruptcy hard times are ahead. What would life be like at those carriers with the so-called direct relationship? Probably you would see $80 an hour 737 pilots compliments of Mesa. It takes prosperity and representation to have a successful airline careeer.

Whenever you compare us to other carriers you conveniently take the worst of the worst benefits. Why is that? It probably relates to your last sentence. If this job isn't fulfilling enough then you ought to get out of the industry. Why waste your time?

This was NOT your point. You claimed that "most first contracts are concessionary". It simply isn't true. I didn't ask you to provide examples of failing business models. Either provide examples of all these concessionary first contracts, or edit your previous posts to reflect the truth. Trying to change the subject won't help anyone.

Really, must have missed why I should have to explain it to you!

Sorry Yip, not your fight, not your dog!
as I said I could care less what you guys do. This is a public forum expect public comment.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back