Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Turns Down 3q Profit For Defensive Block Of ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

clickclickboom

JetBlue Airways Corp. said Thursday John F. Kennedy International Airport's Terminal 6 will be demolished on the heels of its move-in to its new home in Terminal 5.

The discount carrier did not say when it expected the building to come down.

The company had planned on keeping the terminal open, but it had not yet disclosed whether it would sell the building or keep it to park its own planes. The two terminals are close together on one side, making half the gates at the old terminal unusable.

In a conference call, Chief Executive Dave Barger said the carrier had a "near-seamless" transition into its new facility on Wednesday. He called Terminal 6 "cramped and worn-out," noting the space is more than 40 years old.

JetBlue took an $8 million charge to its books in the third quarter to account for the planned demolition.

Earlier Thursday, JetBlue said it swung to a third-quarter loss, but still came in ahead of Wall Street's expectations.

One of the things that I don't believe was mentioned was the fact that we also paid down some $35+ million in debt due to favorable pay-off rates... It really doesn't matter because the CFOs of any company can pretty much do a balancing act to report gains/losses... The only time you really can't lie is when you're losing $500+ million like UAUA and LCC have...

This info is slightly misleading.....they were speaking of the "trailer park" terminal....T6 prime. It has 6 gates, JBLU was going to use it for something initially, then decided against. The Port Authority handles demo, remodeling and rebuilding of the terminals at JFK.

CD

This info is slightly misleading.....they were speaking of the "trailer park" terminal....T6 prime. It has 6 gates, JBLU was going to use it for something initially, then decided against. The Port Authority handles demo, remodeling and rebuilding of the terminals at JFK.

CD

You are correct, sir. It plainly states so in the transcript of the earnings call. Kind of curious that we couldn't find a buyer or alternate use for it. Seems like a big waste. But it is probably faster to demolish it (and free up our gates at T-5) then it is to deconstruct it.

I am crossing the fingers that Looftansy takes our old T-6 and opens up a JFK base. Wouldn't that be shweet.

But the rumor is that VX wants it bad.

One of the things that I don't believe was mentioned was the fact that we also paid down some $35+ million in debt due to favorable pay-off rates... It really doesn't matter because the CFOs of any company can pretty much do a balancing act to report gains/losses... The only time you really can't lie is when you're losing $500+ million like UAUA and LCC have...

And we didn't do any bonehead fuel hedging moves like (insert airline).

That fuel hedger we hired from luv is doing good work.

You are correct, sir. It plainly states so in the transcript of the earnings call. Kind of curious that we couldn't find a buyer or alternate use for it. Seems like a big waste. But it is probably faster to demolish it (and free up our gates at T-5) then it is to deconstruct it.

I am crossing the fingers that Looftansy takes our old T-6 and opens up a JFK base. Wouldn't that be shweet.

But the rumor is that VX wants it bad.

Unfortunately for VX they don't have the slots at JFK to justify the cost of terminal 6. Additionally, T6 is a huge dump.

Last edited:
I wanted to get in this thread before Occam's Razor. "How many people does the new terminal sleep?"
"Will JetBlue pilots have to clean the new terminal?"

The end is almost here.

I wanted to get in this thread before Occam's Razor. "How many people does the new terminal sleep?"
"Will JetBlue pilots have to clean the new terminal?"

The end is almost here.

hehehe.

I wanted to get in this thread before Occam's Razor. "How many people does the new terminal sleep?"2428
"Will JetBlue pilots have to clean the new terminal?" Only if they want their 5 yr contract renewed!

The end is almost here. Maybe....give it time!

Schwanker:laugh::laugh:

Latest resources

Back