• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue to VA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Regardless of red or blue JB candidates should be getting calls.

17 planes next year, 60 hires before end of year and 20 per month starting early next year...

SEVENTEEN? That's the highest number I've heard for jetBlue. Don't get me wrong, I hope that's right seeing as it's #1 on my list right now. Anything to get more interviews going is a good thing IMO.

The guys from VA that where looking for a JB interview might have been looking at JB prior to the aircraft order.

Announcements of aircraft orders and new destinations are good, but these things are necessary if VA is to survive. VA is in the position where it has to grow or die.

I've seen a few postings on here alluding that investors wouldn't be pumping more money in if they weren't pretty sure things were going to work out but the reality is the only way they see any returns on the cash they've already put in is to keep playing.

If they are lucky it works out and VA takes off, or they can at least make it into something worth selling.

Either way success will not come easy...it hasn't yet, no reason to think more airplanes will somehow solve that.

If you want to live on the West Coast and not commute, VA is clearly the better option. LGB is waaay too senior for newhire JB pilots - and I hear the LGB schedules suck. Many red-eyes and day-sleeps (in at 6AM out at 6PM the same day). It's exhausting flying. I know a few people at that base and, although they get to live out on the West Coast (a positive for them), they seem pretty tired all the time. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Announcements of aircraft orders and new destinations are good, but these things are necessary if VA is to survive. VA is in the position where it has to grow or die.

Either way success will not come easy...it hasn't yet, no reason to think more airplanes will somehow solve that.

So we have to grow to survive, but there's no reason to think growth will allow us to survive? Huh?

So we have to grow to survive, but there's no reason to think growth will allow us to survive? Huh?

I believe you are trying to make a point, but if you re-read my ENTIRE post ( not just the parts you cut out) I don't see how what you are saying is any different than what I am.

Nowhere do I predict the outcome of all of this...just pointing out what is obvious not only to me, but one of my colleagues that work there.

I'd say successfully utilizing airplanes is a lot harder than obtaining them.

I wish you ( and him) success.

Last edited:
I believe you are trying to make a point, but if you re-read my ENTIRE post ( not just the parts you cut out) I don't see how what you are saying is any different than what I am.

Nowhere do I predict the outcome of all of this...just pointing out what is obvious not only to me, but one of my colleagues that work there.

I'd say successfully utilizing airplanes is a lot harder than obtaining them.

I wish you ( and him) success.

It seemed to me you were jumping on the hater-wagon.

Thank you for the good wishes.

Latest resources

Back