Jetblue to report profit for 4th qtr and year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
deleted

RTP worked. Kind of painful, but it is working. Good job Dave and Dave. Now lets have a great 07 so we can work on those bennies.

Good for you guys. Fine folks over there a Blue. I got the thanks but no thanks but am still a fan. Hope it all works out for you guys.

Jetblue will sell 5 more 320s in 2007 according to CFO John Harvey. Since they expect delivery of 12 new 320s, this will be a net increase of only 7 for 2007.

No profit for the 1st Q is disconcerting, since analysts had projected a profit of 7 cents a share. Some posters on other boards say the $3M cost to remove/rearrange seats is the reason. I don't buy that, as I think B6 is basing their estimate on poor bookings so far. I see they have just plugged in a $29-49 sale on 50 underperforming routes.

Average stage length will increase from a 1st Q projection of 1070 to a year end projection of 1100. This is probably due to to the opening of SFO and the possible opening of LAX(depending on what happens with DL).

New cities will grow between 8-10, and includes the recent announcements of ORD, SFO, and White Plains. So you will have at least 5 additional announcements and possibly 7. Jetblue still has no midwest hub, and I believe they could innitiate preliminary talks with F9 if things don't unfold with consolidation in the next 12 months. Private equity will also be considered if the 2nd and 3rd Q projections shrink.

:pimp:​

Congrats to you JB!!!!!!

WD.

Let me ask a question. Is it possible that a lot of that profit is from the sell off of the A320's?

Also did Jetblue steal the Airtran playbook? First they followed them into Stewart Newburgh (announced a week later), then into White Plains (announced a month later)? Should we expect them to announce St. Louis and San Diego soon? Is it coincidence? Just wondering. The numbers look great (82% load factor) but if the tickets are at $29-49 that is no surprise.

Well, we serve san diego from JFK, BOS and IAD and have for a long time now.

Jetblue will sell 5 more 320s in 2007 according to CFO John Harvey. Since they expect delivery of 12 new 320s, this will be a net increase of only 7 for 2007.

No profit for the 1st Q is disconcerting, since analysts had projected a profit of 7 cents a share. Some posters on other boards say the $3M cost to remove/rearrange seats is the reason. I don't buy that, as I think B6 is basing their estimate on poor bookings so far. I see they have just plugged in a $29-49 sale on 50 underperforming routes.

Average stage length will increase from a 1st Q projection of 1070 to a year end projection of 1100. This is probably due to to the opening of SFO and the possible opening of LAX(depending on what happens with DL).

New cities will grow between 8-10, and includes the recent announcements of ORD, SFO, and White Plains. So you will have at least 5 additional announcements and possibly 7. Jetblue still has no midwest hub, and I believe they could innitiate preliminary talks with F9 if things don't unfold with consolidation in the next 12 months. Private equity will also be considered if the 2nd and 3rd Q projections shrink.

:pimp:​

Did he actually say we we're gonna sell 5 more aircraft?

My take on the 1st Q: another low ball number. Lower the expectations now and hope to outperform later.

I read recently that B6's avg fare is now around $125 versus $94 a year ago. So no, the 29-45 fares are not the problem. I dont even the 2 or 3 we offer on each flight either, but theyre made to create buzz/word of mouth advertising.

Latest resources

Back