Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue to Operate 767's for Lufthansa ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would love to see these top guys get flushed over to the 330. The gloating would be painful but at least they would be on their own island.

No FO's would bid it. 75% of the no fly's are top 100

1) Needleman and Jetblue are talking with Airbus

2) Needleman needs 190's urgent for Azul

3) Airbus(with the capital necesary) will buy the 190's off of Jetblue and lease to Azul

4) Airbus delivers many 319's, a few 321's and a few 330's.
330 training program set up under the guidance of Lufthansa to eliminate another 190 event

dizziness over.

If I had a beard, I'd be stroking it in deep thought.

Interesting theory you have. I haven't heard this particular one on the line yet.

Where'd you hear all this...PM if you want.

Scary part is....it just about makes sense. I'd miss the 190, it's fun ship to fly.

1) Needleman and Jetblue are talking with Airbus

2) Needleman needs 190's urgent for Azul

3) Airbus(with the capital necesary) will buy the 190's off of Jetblue and lease to Azul

4) Airbus delivers many 319's, a few 321's and a few 330's.
330 training program set up under the guidance of Lufthansa to eliminate another 190 event

Who is Needleman?

Some 190's could leave...but the plane makes sense, money and has a 98%+ dispatch rate. I don't think they are going anywhere.

as for the 319's 321's the company would go for some to add to the fleet if the deal is right.

As for the heavy AC not sure .....only if Lufthansa made it happen here.

The rumor mill is churning and the latest is that Lufthansa ( That owns 21% of JB ) is planning to have B6 operate 767's into central and south america in support of LH's freight operation.

At the same time A330's seem to be the topic of discussion regarding future expansion south.

JB has more than doubled their carribean routes, New Bogota, DR, St Kitts, Barbados, Montego Bay, Kingston, Neeleman in Brazil, pending brazil route announcement.

The LH deal seems plausible

Of course the question all JB pilots have is when they will receive the retro check for the new contract

The first fact is wrong. Luf' owns 19%.

The rest of the rumor is 100% true. It is rumor. But we had better get some scope and quick. Thanks to BoB that will be never. I love it when a former corporate pilot lectures 121 pilots about not needing scope.

Thanks R.N.

The first fact is wrong. Luf' owns 19%.

The rest of the rumor is 100% true. It is rumor. But we had better get some scope and quick. Thanks to BoB that will be never. I love it when a former corporate pilot lectures 121 pilots about not needing scope.

Thanks R.N.

LH initially bought 19%.. They picked up additional shares with the latest stock offering and it is now 21.5% i believe without breaking out the SEC filings.

Interesting theories... And how would the A330s be used? Would they be used on TransAtlantic flights and actually compete with LH for European traffic? I guess JFK would be a good hub with a lot of connecting traffic but isn't that why LH invested in JB - to get more connecting traffic to Europe and beyond? What would be the protential timeline for a transaction like this? Are there LH A330s parked right now awaiting a new home?

330's for South America. Also watch for Medillen, Quito, and Lima guessing 319's for Lima, Quito

Cool theories...... even more reason for the jB to have representation... last year was the time to get established.... once the trigger is pulled trying to put together a union is like trying salvage an unstable approach....

part of the jB plan is to have transoceanic flying.. supposedly that what Maxxjet was for....

Last edited:
LH initially bought 19%.. They picked up additional shares with the latest stock offering and it is now 21.5% i believe without breaking out the SEC filings.
I hear what you are saying.

The point is pointless but I will make it any way. With the share dilution that just occurred LH was given the opportunity to purchase more shares to KEEP the ownership percentage at 19%. If LH did not purchase new shares after the dilution LH onwership interest would have been....diluted.

I think it was a good thing that LH invested more of it's own money in JetBlue.

Latest resources

Back