JetBlue to BNA August 31!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
You are correct. Have you ever driven from JFK to Manhattan? It suks, big time. I do it all the time when I layover in Manhattan. It can be 1 and a half hours of pure hell. The Van Eck PKWY is ridiculous, and many of our van drivers take crazy routes through the side streets that shave off 10 minutes but can make you sick. LGA is definitely the way to go just to avoid that Van Eck Pkwy. And JB has the disadvantage of having that large JFK hub, except if you live in Queens or Long Island. Anyone flying to NYC for business in Manhattan would be crazy to fly to JFK. Our JFK hub is mainly for connections overseas, although many NYC natives living in Manhattan also have to endure that drive to catch their INTL departures on us as well. How much is a cab ride from Manhattan to JFK? I am thinking $50 atleast. I am not flaming JB persay, rather I am slamming that darn car or van ride to JFK.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Or take the train for $15 in 25 minutes

coogebeachhotel said:
Or take the train for $15 in 25 minutes

The Air Train? I have JB pilot friends that take that into Manhattan and they do not like it. You could also take the Carrey Bus, but not many "suits" would take that---the shame train.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Neil Eubich said:
That's a good think all the way around. Even though our LF's decreased, our RASM increased 18% for Apr and 9% for May. Our new revenue guy is earning his $$ that's for sure.......RASM will increase as the average stage length is reduced by 12% by year end. Add on the yield mgt wild card, and Prudential is now projecting a 4 cent per share profit for 2006. The larger increase in April is probably due to greater demand and Jetblue's ability that month to sell the higher fare bucket.
On a sidenote, the lower LFs make it easier for jumpseating and pass riders!!
Jetblue could have an avenue into ORD in the near future. There is a battle royale going on between the City and UAL. The City has inferred that UAL is in default of the bond agreement "cross default clause" and they could seize valuable UAL gates. I believe UAL got a restraining order to prevent the City from doing that, and everything is still tied up in court. For it's part UAL is threatening to move Corporate.

Analcysts have told UAL they need to reduce costs even further which implies reducing more domestic capacity. UAL does not want to give any LCC a foothold at ORD, and will do whatever is necessary to prevent that. My guess is they will keep it tied up in court until a merger partner can be found.
Stay tuned.............

:pimp:

Well, the ride from LGA to Manhattan may be shorter, but that doesn't help much when LGA suffers the x-wind, snow, rain etc. meltdown. JFK will still be often for business and is CATIII capable!

General Lee said:
The Air Train? I have JB pilot friends that take that into Manhattan and they do not like it. You could also take the Carrey Bus, but not many "suits" would take that---the shame train.

Bye Bye--General Lee

See suits all the time. Same guys that travel to the trading desks on the 6 train every morning for $2.00. No shame on the train in NY.

Are you kidding me? LaGuardia may be physically closer, and quicker if you are driving (or having a town car pick you up). But to get from LaGuardia to Manhattan via mass transit? Take the Q10 bus to the 7 train, and 45 minutes later you're in Manhattan (and that's after standing in the rain at the bus stop for 15 minutes).

From JFK to Manhattan, Airtrain to LIRR, 30 minutes and $10 or $12 later (depending whether it's peak or non-peak for the LIRR), you're in the city. JFK is not nearly as bad a deal as it's made out to be.

If you think DL will take a beating with JB coming to Bananaville, just wait until airTran comes back as well...

Screwed from both ends, and it's about time... jumpseating on DL is pure hell and I'm not even going to START about the non-rev pricing.

Looking forward to taking some trips on JB with the fam, the prices are great, the LF's are reasonable, and having the Satellite TV is worth its weight in GOLD with the kids! :)

Come on in, and if anyone wants to know the latest hotspots for great food, music, and chicks, just drop me a PM,,, Nashville DOES have 5 colleges within a 20 mile radius, and that doesn't count the tech colleges. :D

When I worked in BNA we were told by the MNAA that FL would never come back. Something about a large sum of $$$ that FL is in default on and refuses to pay. Things may have changed since then however.

KC-10 Driver said:
Are you kidding me? LaGuardia may be physically closer, and quicker if you are driving (or having a town car pick you up). But to get from LaGuardia to Manhattan via mass transit? Take the Q10 bus to the 7 train, and 45 minutes later you're in Manhattan (and that's after standing in the rain at the bus stop for 15 minutes).

From JFK to Manhattan, Airtrain to LIRR, 30 minutes and $10 or $12 later (depending whether it's peak or non-peak for the LIRR), you're in the city. JFK is not nearly as bad a deal as it's made out to be.

I agree. The Airtrain to the LIRR is a quick and clean way to go....much better than taking the A train late at night - scary!

BTW - I see quite a few expensive suits on the Airtrain getting off at T6.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back