• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

jetblue skit on SNL

landlover

Total Time
5000+
anyone see it? wasn't that funny. i hope they were trying to poke fun at the "journalist". That was the funniest part of it.

Beetle007

Total Time
4500+
Yep. I'm still trying to figure out if it was good publicity or bad publicity. Good in that they talked about Direct TV and all but bad how they said the plane would explode with everyone catching on fire.

My favorite PA from the captain " We have arrived in LAX, not exactly JFK but we are 3 hours ahead of schedule"

Check Essential

Total Time
A Lot
landlover said:
anyone see it? wasn't that funny. i hope they were trying to poke fun at the "journalist".
Wasn't that funny? I'm still trying to catch my breath!

I hope someone does a video-capture for download.

CE

polysciguy9

Total Time
<40hrs
The commentary on how the media catastrophizes events was dead on and pretty funny ... not to mention the visual the CNN reporters did on the plane landing, catching fire, exploding, and all of the passengers running out on fire (plus the fire trucks exploding too). Oh yeah, and the impression of CNN's Aaron Brown was dead on too.

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!
Total Time
You guys are making me wish I'd seen it!

Eagleflip

Total Time
5000+
I just about wet my undies watching that last night, I was laughing so hard. You've got to be able to keep a sense of humor about these things. That graphic of the jet burning was exactly on spot--those "journalists" and experts on hand for the real thing were generally just that ignorant.

Then my wife asked me "do you think they (SNL) contacted David Neeleman to let him know they were going to do that skit?"

Uh, no....probably not...:p

Check Essential

Total Time
A Lot
polysciguy9 said:
...the plane landing, catching fire, exploding, and all of the passengers running out on fire (plus the fire trucks exploding too).
I lost it when the fiery "survivors" were ruining out of the airplane!

If anyone finds this skit online, please post the link!

CE

moving2vegas

Total Time
You should have tivo'd SNL last night, that skit was hilarious. I especially like when they were interviewing the psychology expert about knowing when you're going to die or not. He says " Oh no....you never want to know when". With all the JB passengers watching.

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
Does anyone have a link to the skit? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

air_chompers

Total Time
Lots
Bump

Haha "Iceman the later years" "I was going mach 3 the other day"
"You were not going mach 3 in a 727"

Bump

BlueBusDriver

Total Time
13000+
Saturday Night Live skit ..............

(quote) "man I missed it, but I bet it will be up on eztvefnet.org within a couple of hours."

It's there. The entire SNL show is there but it's HUGE (695MB) and I'm on the road on a slow connection.

Maybe later on a high speed connection.

jointops

Total Time
Flipper,

We just watched the skit last night. My personal favorite was the spontaneous combustion of the fire trucks.

On another note, LA went into Phase 2. He e-mailed a couple of times and left a phone message as well. I thought he probably already called you to let you know. Sounds like he'll have a couple of choices indeed.

Happy landings,

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!
Total Time
Anyone know what the time was (in the download) that the skit was located at?

Check Essential

Total Time
A Lot
Flying Illini said:
Anyone know what the time was (in the download) that the skit was located?
I don’t know the time, but it was toward the beginning.

If I recall correctly, there was the opening “Live from New York!” skit, the opening monologue, a fake Morgan Stanley commercial and then the JB skit.

CE

English

Total Time
Cool...I'll get to watch it in 8 hours when the download is finished. :eek:

Anyone have a video of just the skit (hopefully a smaller download?)