Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue shaming...Anybody know Chris Allan?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Deli Guy

So I am a little embarrassed of my brother Jetblue pilots. Chris Allan died after a battle with an illness. He was not at Jetblue long before he went into the hospital, so he had no vacation built up, obviously jumped from regional to regional, so his ability to max out life insurance was not there, and he has young twin kids. The ALPA guys started a fund me site called "Youcaring" which has the least amount of fees associated with it.
I am kind of embarrassed because as of now, with over 3000 pilots, we have raised only $40,000 for his wife and two young kids.
So if any of you Jetblue guys who frequent this site have not given......well, I'm just throwin' it out there. Also, if any of you have flown with Chris at another airline, I wanted you to have the info.
Here is the link:
https://www.youcaring.com/krista-colton-and-keltie-allan-506529

40k in about a week and your embarrassed? While I agree it could have better participation, that's nothing to be embarrassed about. Let it play out. Trying to shame people into donating isn't the way to get the participation up. Not everyone is glued to emails and the internet. Word is spreading and people are helping out.

40k in about a week and your embarrassed? While I agree it could have better participation, that's nothing to be embarrassed about. Let it play out. Trying to shame people into donating isn't the way to get the participation up. Not everyone is glued to emails and the internet. Word is spreading and people are helping out.
Sigh. It seems to be stalling, and if you were around for past efforts it is behind the pace. I don't mind doing a little shaming if it gets more money to the wife and kids. Thanks for the life's lesson though Sonny.
Also, thanks to the guys from this site who did give. There was a pretty good uptick after this post, so for those of you that just felt the urge....here it comes.....God Bless.

Last edited:
Wow... no problem pop.

1678 did it right on the LCC page.
Anyhow, thanks for helping out a fallen brothers family.

stay classy

Last edited:
It may have something to do with the fact that Chris was not part of the Blue Pilot Fund. When guys make the decision not to be part of a program that helps not only them self, but the entire group, the group sometimes decides to make the same decision in return. Not saying it is right or not. Just saying it is the opinion of many.

It may have something to do with the fact that Chris was not part of the Blue Pilot Fund. When guys make the decision not to be part of a program that helps not only them self, but the entire group, the group sometimes decides to make the same decision in return. Not saying it is right or not.
Just saying it is the opinion of many.

I hear ya, but if the guy was a new hire, I'd cut him some slack.They're often taking a pay cut and don't always understand the limits of their new benefits or realize the need for mutual aid.

I always participate in these programs, too, but I decided to make a contribution to this fellow Pilot's family. Hope you guys will consider doing so, too. It's too late for "I told ya so.". Best wishes to the wife and kids.

Regards,
Ty

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back