• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue selling uniforms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why in the hell would a company provide you with a laptop?

Hose -- We get them to do our job. I just didn't list the "real" reason we have company laptops. My point was that those laptops are quite useful to the pilot group for many other reasons.

I've had uniforms provided by two other employers at no cost. One was the famously anti labor Atlas Air. Only Jetblue asks for the uniforms to be returned. It is a unique policy and another Jetblueism.

I've had uniforms provided by two other employers at no cost. One was the famously anti labor Atlas Air. Only Jetblue asks for the uniforms to be returned. It is a unique policy and another Jetblueism.

At nwa they ask that we "dispose"of them in a secure manor.

Probably so they don't end up on ebay!!

Db

I have worked for 3 other companies. All wanted uniforms, id's, and all other associated items returned...

Then again why does it really matter?

Then again why does it really matter?

IMO, it doesn't matter that they want the company-issued items returned. If I leave, I'd be happy to hand them my worn out, pitted, ring-around-the-BLUE-COLLAR shirts and shiny plastic pants. Perhaps you can buy them for a discount.

I thought it was a little crass of the CP's Office to send out the email soliciting for the purchase of used uniform items though. Maybe DN can use the discounted uniform items (in addition to the use of seniority and its intrinsic bidding advantages) in his argument of how to offset the cost of inflation and why we are paid so well.

I heard a "story" about 10 yrs ago. AA had a probationary pilot that they had to fire for some reason (couldnt get thru IOE). In his last pay check, they deducted the remainder of his uniform balance. This fired pilot, went to the airport in his uniform (again this is prior to 9/11), and went to the bar and got a beer. Word got to the station Chief Pilot that a pilot was drinking at the bar. The CP went to see it for himself. He tells this pilot he cant be drinking in uniform. The guy responds with, " I dont work for you, I will sit here all day and drink in this uniform, unless you want to buy the uniform from me for $500".

Doubt that its true, but thought it was a good story.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back