Schwanker

JetBlue Selling Planes, Slowing Down Service

September 22, 2006 9:18 p.m. EST

Nicole King - All Headline News Staff Writer

(AHN) - JetBlue Airways is selling some of its planes while the airline is
slowing down some of its services.

New destinations to Mexico and Florida are being added to the schedule, but
the company announced Thursday that it sold two Airbus A320's for $6
million, and expects to sell three more planes this year.

Company officials are predicting the company will either break-even or
report a loss for this year. Higher fuel costs are being blamed for some of
the financial trouble.

JetBlue has raised fares on certain routes. Company officials say the
airline will continue to add new cities to its routes, but a smaller flight
schedule is expected for next year.

Where have you been?? This news is about 5 months old. I think they said they were going to sell the airplanes back in April when they announced their first quarter results. They just now got around to selling them and I think the 6 million is profit that JetBlue made from the sale of the aircraft.

Where have you been?? This news is about 5 months old. I think they said they were going to sell the airplanes back in April when they announced their first quarter results. They just now got around to selling them and I think the 6 million is profit that JetBlue made from the sale of the aircraft.

Oh, sorry! I didn't realize that I wasn't allowed to post 1 day old news. I must have been lost--to answer your question. I got my stuff jumped for asking a fair question about escalating maintenance costs last month.

You guys are one insecure group! Lighten up and live a little!

How 'bout unbelievably low fares!

Trust me. None of us are happy about it either. Our genius management charges so little for a ticket we probably won't break even for the year...but the customers love us, right? Sheesh!!!

Trust me. None of us are happy about it either. Our genius management charges so little for a ticket we probably won't break even for the year...but the customers love us, right? Sheesh!!!

At least I know now that some of the pilots at Jet Blue don't drink their ridiculous kool aid. Makes me feel better.

Last edited:
I would say the majority of us are realistic. We like the company. We think we have a good product and we know we have a lot of good people. What we aren't real sure about anymore is what our revenue folks are up to.
After all, we are pilots and we know everything;)so why management doesn't listen to us is beyond our scope of understanding.

Latest resources

Back