• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Scope?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I remember a while ago there was a thread regarding that management offered basically the equivalent of a 'gentlemen's agreement' /handshake deal to protect scope, but with no guarantees of protection on paper. My question is, what exactly is the current status of JetBlue's scope protection? What's to stop them to outsourcing to regionals to fly E190s (like Republic)? No flame intended, rather, I'm truly wondering about what protections are available to the JetBlue pilot group. Thanks!

Our Scope is that our 2 co chairs will get management jobs after they deliver something called "scope".

Rest assured we will get Scope but it will not be worth anything and these two managers will sell it like their mortgage payment depended on it.

So what's to stop mgt fro? forming JetBlue Connect, CRJ service with Air Wisconsin? (just like Airtran had)

Or farming out E190 flying to Republic because they can do it cheaper? You know Bedford would love that. Look at what he's done with Republic so far. Frontier bought and bye bye Midwest. You don't think he would love to fly some of his E190s for Jetblue?

These are serious threats! What's the Jetblue pilot group feelings on this?! theres over a 1000 of you, I'm sure enough people must be alarmed. These are your jobs we are talking about. NO SCOPE PUTS YOUR JOBS IN JEAPORDY .

So what will JetBlue pilots do about this?

200+ pilots on the OC for ALPA, is what we are doing about it.

Our Scope is that our 2 co chairs will get management jobs after they deliver something called "scope".

Rest assured we will get Scope but it will not be worth anything and these two managers will sell it like their mortgage payment depended on it.

It'll be just as tight as the no-furlough clause, you know the one you negotiated when you got hired along with your pay and benni's.

:erm:What? you missed that meeting?

These are serious threats! What's the Jetblue pilot group feelings on this?! theres over a 1000 of you, I'm sure enough people must be alarmed. These are your jobs we are talking about. NO SCOPE PUTS YOUR JOBS IN JEAPORDY .

So what will JetBlue pilots do about this?

Actually, there are over 2000 of us and we'll be voting in ALPA soon.

Why is Skywest not flying 737s.

Your lack of a response will be your acceptance that you are a sastwatch.

No need to be a penishead.

Are you really applauding Delta scope? 400+ RJs and 50% of ASMs?

I'll vote for ALPA, but I think you you need to reexamine your understanding of cause and effect if you think you'll have scope because you voted in ALPA.

Good luck

Are you really applauding Delta scope? 400+ RJs and 50% of ASMs?

SLC to PIH was a Western route and now it is flown by SkyWest.

It will not support a 737 unless it is 1 time a day.

Code sharing has a role in a hub and spoke system.

The Delta pilots gave the airline contractual scope relief. JetBlue pilots gave it away when they said hello.

Big difference.

From the outside it looks like growth is based on code share. Is that true? Also is there any truth that Lufthansa is quietly divesting themselves of Jetblue?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back