Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jetjockey

Stay thirsty my friends
How important is a recommendation letter to get an interview at jetBlue? I'm starting to think it's almost essential with as many qualified applicants available. (can't wait for that pilot shortage Kit Darby!!!) I meet and exceed all jetBlue's qualification requirements. I've had my application online since January '03.

If there are any former Mesaba employees at JB, please send me a PM, I could really use an internal recommendation.

Cheers

Jetjockey said:
How important is a recommendation letter to get an interview at jetBlue?

Not at all. Recommendations aren't even looked at until you get the interview. Do a search on this board, and you'll find that this and a number of related questions have already been answered. Good luck.

I just updated my Jet Blue app, and I got an email back asking for up to three letters of recommendation that could be entered on my behalf by a current pilot through your intranet. Maybe things have changed.

If you read a little further down on that email, it says this:

Keep in mind that you don't need to have any internal recommendations to be considered for interview opportunities. This system enhancement is being offered only to streamline the process of collecting internal recommendations on your behalf.
IMPORTANT: Online recommendations are NOT used as the sole criteria for granting an interview to any applicant. However, they are reviewed along with other background data collected in the normal course of action taken on behalf of job candidates under consideration after an interview.

So, I think it is still as others have said, that the LORs aren't used to grade the applications for interviews, but are part of the Phase II process.

I, filed an application on Dec.25,02 havent heard a thing.I also think you need a recomendation from someone with JetBlue.I also meet there quals and am looking forward to the shortage!I'm not holding my breath.

Hey guys,

As all JB pilots often post concerning the LORs:

You don't get an interview because you know someone or someone "walks your application in". Trust me on this, trust everyone who makes the same comments. Our interview process is as sanitized as they come.

If you're not getting the call, your numbers just haven't come up. Update monthly since Dean searches for interviewees every 4 weeks. But the competition is stiff as anyone might imagine! We're seeing 16 year furloughees, military pilots with 3000-4000 hours, 12 year corporate pilots and 135 guys with enough hours to retire on.

We're all forthcoming with information to help out anyone who is genuinely interested in coming to JB. There is no reason to assume there's an inside track to the interview. If there was don't you think we'd be able to get all of our buddies hired? But they sit waiting for the call as well.

I hope this alleviates some concerns.

Happy landings

Latest resources

Back