JetBlue Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wndshr

I have been hearing some talk about B6 employees using Blue Darts??? Is that like ALK's silver bullet interview rec? If so, how long do you have to work there to be eligible to use it? thanks

In the beginning, it helped to know someone at jetBlue to get an interview. However, after '01 we started receiving even more applications than we ever had. In order to level the playing field, the decision was made to not accept any walked in recommendations. We were allowed to complete the on-line LOR but that only made a difference after the candidate passed phase one. Every one of us knows at least one person we feel very strongly about and would like to see be given the opportunity to work for our company. Thus, The BlueDart. Each interview session, names are drawn lottery style from the pilot group and those selected are given the opportunity to send one person to the interview. Once selected, your name is removed from the pool until all pilots are given the same opportunity. You could start class tomorrow and if your name is drawn next week, you send your bud to the interview. BTW, the pilot's selection is processed in the same way everyone else is. There is no perferential treatment at the interview and even the interviewer doesn't know the applicant is a blue dart.

Hope this helps.

Yikes !!

Put some ointment on that avitar SideStickin !
It looks ripe.

BBD

What is the etiquette on asking for Blue Darts? Should I just approach a bud who is at Jetblue (offering copious quantities of beer of course) and hope he/she keeps the promise of throwing me a Blue Dart should he/she be drawn?

Thanks.

BTW I really don't know any he/she's . . . honestly.

Hi,

I am in class now at Jetblue and was in the first group of BlueDart's. There is actually three of us out of the twelve in the class. It is a great thing! Like side stick-n said, once you get the call for the interview it's all up to you to make it through Phase 1 and 2. I think there were like three or four people who didn't make it to phase 2 in my interview group out of twelve or so BlueDarts. As far as I know, there is no such length of employment restriction in which your name can be drawn to get a BlueDart, but you do lose it if after one year if you don't throw it at someone.

Have a great day!

Dorkjetcpt

How to lose a blue dart

I've got two friends that I would have thrown the dart for, should my name have been drawn.

Neither one of them can get their act together to fill out the free, online application. "So you want to work here, but only if I make it real easy for you..."

Can I sell my Blue Dart on Ebay? Just kidding. One can pass, and the name goes back in the hopper (well, it was a ziplock bag when I saw it in the CP's office).

As far as asking for a blue dart, I'd concentrate more on expressing a genuine interest in working here, learning about the culture (it's not ALL coolaid), and keep up with the news. Learn what the company values are, and ask yourself if your personal life is anywhere close (forget about the flying aspect, it's more than that).

I cant imagine giving someone the blue dart because they asked. My phone starting ringing, and emails from "long lost friends" filled the mailbox when the program announcement hit the internet.

Latest resources

Back