jetBlue PTO/UTO question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LandGreen

i was wondering if a pilot successfully PTO or UTO drops their hours to 70 hours (the min amount?) can they drop even more time in a "give away" forum?

IOW: if a pilot has 70 hours worth of JFK-SJU turns, can the pilot technically give away those turns to others on a trade/give away board and have an entire month off?

thanks

You can PTO all that you want/approved for, however, you may not UTO below 70hrs. This is the minimum to be considered a "full time" employee. It is counter intuitive but it makes sense if you consider the 70hr minimum as a "must be paid for".

bluejuice787 said:
You can PTO all that you want/approved for, however, you may not UTO below 70hrs. This is the minimum to be considered a "full time" employee. It is counter intuitive but it makes sense if you consider the 70hr minimum as a "must be paid for".

sounds good....let's say you have zero PTO left...can you get rid of the trips to other pilots on a pick up/drop board below the 70 hour mark?

No

Think of it this way. If I have 70 hours and drop (UTO) a five hour trip...someone else with at least 70 hours picks it up and the company pays him time and a half where they would have paid me only time (wouldn't make sense, company profit wise). I could PTO it and be okay. I get paid for 70, and someone else picks up the five hours.

You can UTO down to 70 (if the computer lets you, based on reserve coverage...tough in summer, less so in not-summer).

July-August: I swapped down to 70ish hours hours and 17 days off each month. July was three trip month, Aug was four.

Sept: swapped/PTOd to 20 days off with three trips.

I need all those days off to get the blue nail polish off my toenails.

1-tacan-rule said:
Think of it this way. If I have 70 hours and drop (UTO) a five hour trip...someone else with at least 70 hours picks it up and the company pays him time and a half where they would have paid me only time (wouldn't make sense, company profit wise). I could PTO it and be okay. I get paid for 70, and someone else picks up the five hours.

You can UTO down to 70 (if the computer lets you, based on reserve coverage...tough in summer, less so in not-summer).

July-August: I swapped down to 70ish hours hours and 17 days off each month. July was three trip month, Aug was four.

Sept: swapped/PTOd to 20 days off with three trips.

I need all those days off to get the blue nail polish off my toenails.

got it...thanks!

Latest resources

Back