Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue pilots begin organization drive...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's Only A Matter Of When

Jeepers, it's all really very simple (as long as mgt has financial & leadership credibility):

Any group of pilots that doesn't put their airline's financial future ahead of their own personal compensation, more than likely sees no long term future for any carrier within the industry. Representation is not bad as long as the manta that the airline comes first is at the forefront. If it get's pushed to the back because the pilot's believe management is either inept or overpaid, then the revolving door just keeps rotating as it screws itself into the ground. I think Jetblue is trying to communicate that their business model will work and everyone will be rewarded if the model is allowed to evolve. There will be bumps and blips along the way, but either you believe in this company or you believe that they are no better than the past history of this business. I for one think they are, and whether or not representation comes on the property...........all the pilot's should do what they can not to get caught up in an adversarial standoff.

:pimp:

now thats funny!! i've been very impressed with the way ALPA has fought/negotiated all the cutbacks the last 5 years. i.e. loss of retirement, loss of pay, loss of jobs and allowing DELTA PILOTS to have an increase in duty/flight time. very, very impressive. (well worth the 1.95)

its my opinion that when? a union is voted in a B6, it will be in-house. ALPA'S record (of when it really counts) proves that ALPA protection is a fallacy.

"We don't want to kill the golden goose; we just want to choke it by the neck until it gives us every last egg it has."

I never said ALPA. I said organized representation. One with a CBA.

As for B6 vs the legacies, B6 hasn't started hitting difficult times until now. The legacies have had hard times since 9/11. With the annual increasing debt load at B6 and rapidly increasing interest payments, B6 is just entering the multiple years of rough seas.
When times get really tough, management will make decisions autonomously without a CBA.

As for the Delta flight time issue, I vehemently oppose the increase in duty time. As does DAL ALPA. DAL management went to the FAA; the FAA ruled that it was legal. I don't know what choices DAL ALPA has in the matter; it sounds like there is not much that they can do.

Nice quote. I was never a big fan of Dubo; too much over the top. Whiteford was too far the other way. I have very few complaints about Bathurst; he's not too extreme on either side of the spectrum.

What do you want them to do, perform an illegal job action and all get fired?

The bottom line is that the JBLU pilots were supporting a change for the worse, the Delta pilots weren't. It was forced upon them and they have no legal recourse in the short run.

Bingo!!!! Jetblue Cubby is too dumb to realize the difference.

no i am not real stupid or real bitter.

Yes you are.

however, let me get this straight. ALPA goes to the FAA and complains that jetblue conducted a "study" on fatigue in hoping to increase duty time.

Yes

then the FAA allows DELTA to increase THEIR duty/flight time using information from the same individual who conducted the jetblue study. and the only response DALPA says is" we're very upset" AND does nothing to prevent THEIR PILOTS from flying those LONGER DUTY/FLIGHT PERIODS.

That's true. That's the only recourse available. You do understand the limitations of the RLA don't you? Or perhaps I ought to ask if you even know what the RLA is.

Getting back to your original unmiformed statement:

"ALPA brothers at DELTA had no problem increasing their time without a study."

That is obviously BS and DALPA's objection, which you conveniently left out of your cut and paste job, was in the article you quoted.

To sum it up: you are about as smart as your rubber bow tie and two left shoes suggest, Bozo. Now, go curl back up in your corner, and continue chewing on your toenails, because you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

now thats funny!! i've been very impressed with the way ALPA has fought/negotiated all the cutbacks the last 5 years. i.e. loss of retirement, loss of pay, loss of jobs and allowing DELTA PILOTS to have an increase in duty/flight time. very, very impressive. (well worth the 1.95)

And after all those cuts, those ALPA pilots at Delta, working at a bankrupt carrier, still have better pay rates, a better LTD plan, better legal representation and a better pension plan than JBLU pilots.

its my opinion that when? a union is voted in a B6, it will be in-house. ALPA'S record (of when it really counts) proves that ALPA protection is a fallacy.

You're entitled to your opinion. I couldn't disagree more. An in-house union would be a joke. It would be completely ineffectual and a waste of time.

I predict ALPA....by the end of the next year.

Ask the FedEx pilots what they thought of their in-house union. They now affectionately refer to it as the "student council."

"We don't want to kill the golden goose; we just want to choke it by the neck until it gives us every last egg it has."

If you want to wage a war of "quotes" I've got some management quotes that would put your efforts to shame.....

ALPA has faults?

Sure! It's an organization run by pilots who consult with lawyers and accountants. Add eye of newt to that recipe and you've got a bona fide cauldron of faults.

So what?

The only reason you choose something that causes concern is if the alternative is worse. Period.

Why do we vote for pay cuts?

Alternative is worse.

Why would you belly your aircraft into a swamp?

Alternative is worse.

Why would you vote ALPA on your property?

The alternatives - no union ("I'll have the butt rape, please!"), or in-house union ("Hey Mikey! Light a match so I can see where this gas is leaking from!") - are worse.

Latest resources

Back