• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Pilots beat up cab driver

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This sounds crazy but in June I was in South Beach with some friends after a 5 star dinner we came to the conclusion that the solid gold was the place we needed to be.

BOTH ways to and from the beacon the cabbies took advantage of us to no end. Especially the return to the hotel. I mentioned to him that he was jacking us off and he became irate to the point that we were concerned for our safety. We ended up calling the police as the cabbie refused to stop the car or let us out. We were told a $60-70 fare he tried to add an additional $40.

Officer told us that there was a recurring problem with this and then found a few issues with his cab and wrote him a ticket.

I am sure the double breasted shuttle commanders would love to throw these guys under the bus and follow up with some rj capacity to clog jfk but lets not take a media report as fact

Hey, I am really glad to see we stand together as pilots. Its great that we can stand up for a cabbie as opposed to our own. It speaks well for our national cause of trying to save "our profession" when we throw a couple guys under the bus right off the bat. Geez, are we our own worst enemies? Why don't we wait for actual facts rather than listening to the always correct press that always seems to get aviation stories right?

Well..... the thing of it is... you see.....

Most professionals should be smart enough not to get themselves in the situation on the first place... but we are all human.. and mistakes happen.

Why are they jetblue pilots? Where they on duty and/or in uniform? On a layover? Why are they labeled pilots?

I just hope they get fair process.... I know that can be hard at a union free house....

It is just too tempting to fire the guys and make it go away....

I heard they got pi$$ed when, during the course of the ride, it came out in conversation that the cabbie liked to post on FI under the name "Tanker Clown".

BTW- That clean the cab comment was pretty dam funny......

I wouldnt be too hard on those guys. They were probably under too much stress due to contract negotiations....

real man of genius...Mr. Predisposed to violence, mild mannered discount airline pilot guy....

that uniform makes people glance and boy it sure feels good...you're out on the road and nothing like some T & A to get the ol juices of testosterone going. Never mind you paid 50 dollars for lap dance, but 9 bucs for a cabe ride? "I'll smash you".. so you get a footlong for five bucs... "I'm really hungry man."
How about a can o woop ass with that sandwich?

mr predisposed to violence, mild mannered discount airline pilot guy.

You know, maybe they were actually TSA agents? They look the same now. That should be the defense for the video from the Subway----Rogue TSA agents are going around busting heads! Well, I can't really blame those Jetblue pilots, though. Initially having a crashpad in Yonkers or Ozone Park (before they were FLL based) probably taught them a lot about fighting and ditching cabbies. They were a "product of their own environment...."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah, guess they got tired of that Delta uniform they wore for the last seven years.

Flown with both of these guys - two of the most easygoing, non-confrontational guys I've ever met....

There will be more to this story....

Not everyone is a "happy drunk".

You're right about there being more to the story, I'm sure. Nevertheless, no matter how much a cabbie is screaming at you, physical violence is not a legal option.

If they got caught on tape, they're screwed, and deservedly so.

I know one of them and flew with them on quite a few trips. Like said before, easy going non-confrontational. Hope there is more to this story.

Cabbie pepper sprayed them before punched were thrown......

http://cbs4.com/local/cabbie.killer.cab.2.829074.html

Plus if you beat the crap out of someone in the Subway parking lot, would you walk into Subway and order and eat the sub?

There is way more to the story..

Last edited:
I know one of them and flew with them on quite a few trips. Like said before, easy going non-confrontational. Hope there is more to this story.

He who is known as an early riser can sleep till noon

Latest resources

Back