• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Passenger Put Unruly Pilot in Chokehold

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a horrible situation. I feel bad for this guy. He must be suffering from some really serious mental condition.

What a horrible situation. I feel bad for this guy. He must be suffering from some really serious mental condition.

Usually when someone comes unspooled in this fashion its because they were dealing with some serious demons.

And they were doing all they could to hold on for the sakes of themselves and others... until they simply couldn't do it any longer.

I just heard (unconfirmed) from a pilot he's military/former military and it could be PTSD.

Military service confirmed in another news release, including his name.
My guess is either a brain tumor, brain cancer, or some other medical condition. I wish him, his family, and the JBLU family all the best.

My guess is either a brain tumor, brain cancer, or some other medical condition. I wish him, his family, and the JBLU family all the best.

thats my guess.

Military service confirmed in another news release, including his name.

No...He is not military at all....flew corporate...

A320, CT, thanks for the correction. Just goes to show you how reliable the press is - I imagine that the original article I read now reads 'correction 1'.

Regardless of his background, I wish him and his family well. It is not a good feeling to watch a colleague in the industry with such a huge problem.

Latest resources

Back