Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CoopDog

SWA Pool Dog Paddler
Let me first apologize if this is old news to any JetBlue hopefuls. I've been so focused on SWA for so long that I'm not really too up on the latest at JB. I applied there online about the same time I sent my app into SWA last fall. Then I heard a rumor that they were going to purge the info and have everyone resubmit the app online in March, which I did. Then SWA called and I never gave it another thought until I got back from a long overdue vacation this weekend and read all the "doom and gloom" here about SWA future classes.

So last night I hit the JB website to update my app to add the whopping 10 hours I've flown since March and to update my e-mail address. To my surprise, for some strange reason, every hour that I thought that I had listed for each specific aircraft that I had flown had a BIG FAT ZERO in the box.

So I updated it, then logged on again and it looked OK. Then I learned today that the same thing has happened to two friends of mine recently as well. I am absolutely certain that I completed the boxes back in March, as well as last fall, because I printed out the web page prior to logging out. Always make copies of ANY app. That's been a motto of mine for several years now.

So what could have happened? Any intel on this from anyone? If it were just me, then, well I'm just unlucky and stupid for not catching this sooner. But it ain't just me.

It seems to be a shame for some of us to miss out on a career at JB all because of a freak'n ZERO. So my advice to those who haven't, check out your times and make sure they're OK. And do it now!

CoopDog

I guess it would have been pretty interesting trying to explain how I flew a 737 for an airline for over two years w/o getting any time in it.
"Yeah, that's the ticket."

Yep, that happened to me as well. Changed all the zeros to the correct numbers and resubmitted. Still didn't do any good.

Good luck.

Jet Blue App problems

I filled out the online application and the whole thing crashed without saving. I had saved the information, but attempted to submit it all at the same time and all was lost.

Don't know if it's the same problem you guys had but I couldn't update my hours for months. Nothing turned to 0 but when I filled out the online update and submitted it, the website said my update had been successful. BUT when I rechecked my hours after re-logging on they were the same hours as before. After 3 months I finally called directly to JB's pilot recruitment office and e-mailed Dean Melonas directly. Dean Melonas wrote me back and told me to make sure I CHANGED MY DATE AVAILABLE. IF THE AVAILABLE DATE IS IN THE PAST NOTHING WILL UPDATE. After I did this the update worked fine.

Also, be careful of some suttle changes in the flight time fields. One I almost missed was the change in hours in last 12 months to 24 months.

That's good info...........PIG!

PS: With a handle like that, I am surprised you don't have any B727 or SD3-60 experience!

The old A model C-5's a really big pigs. Hard to get everything on one of those working on a cold winter day. C-5's engine out climb capability isn't much better than a pig's either.

Did the changing your availability date fix your update problem? Don't forget to watch for the suttle changes in the flight time fields too. Dean Melonas's e-mail said they would notify everyone with an app on file of any future changes to the app so we'll all know for future updates. (I mentioned to him they are easy to miss) Haven't been notified of the changes they've already made yet though.

Anyone here what kind of qualifications it currently takes to be invited for an interview? I have heard they just run searches with certain qualifications, hours, and background and whoever makes it through the filter gets a call. They're pilot recruiting office told me they've been interviewing about 80 every other month and hiring about 20 every month. (I'd have to check the numbers I wrote down but I think those were the numbers given to me.) Anyone else heard of anything?

Thanks to Bill Gates, when I tried to copy and paste the on-line app it crashed my PC and I had to start all over. (Nothing like spending all afternoon at your computer with your logbook and employment history in hand.)

I have tried to update the app several times since (its only been this afternoon) but I get a message saying my names/SSN aren't valid. Interesting, since the SSN isn't asked for in the update fields. I also received an auto-response e-mail informing me that they had receieved my application successfully.

Tried and True.....

You just can't beat a bic and the 'ole 8.5x11. And don't forget the high-tech Xerox for those manila folders.

And all for just under a buck!

How has everyone been breaking down "all aircraft you have ever flown" section of application do you put SE and ME piston under other. Is that section for type ratings/turbine powered A/C only.

Thx

Lampshade

Latest resources

Back