• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Named Americans’ Favorite Airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Despite February's much publicized fiasco that had customers in New York stranded on its planes for hours during an ice storm, JetBlue (nasdaq: JBLU - news - people ) still ranks as Americans' favorite airline"

From the Forbes article, it implies the survey was taken after February. I love how the Delta guys can't even manage a 'nice job JB'

Delta mainline doesn't rank near the bottom of the list. But Conan O'Brien called you "Jetblue, the May thru August Airline." That was funny. Keep up your best airline in America status, please....

And Letterman says- Jetblue, it is still better than flying Delta. Whats your point?

I thought JBrs drank the koolaid, I think the Delta guys on this board drink a far stronger version on Delta koolaid, heck the General has more posts than anyone propping Mother D. I guess from now on, they can be referred to as Delta koolaid drinkers.

Another drink please- classic.

"Despite February's much publicized fiasco that had customers in New York stranded on its planes for hours during an ice storm, JetBlue (nasdaq: JBLU - news - people ) still ranks as Americans' favorite airline"

From the Forbes article, it implies the survey was taken after February. I love how the Delta guys can't even manage a 'nice job JB'

And Letterman says- Jetblue, it is still better than flying Delta. Whats your point?

I thought JBrs drank the koolaid, I think the Delta guys on this board drink a far stronger version on Delta koolaid, heck the General has more posts than anyone propping Mother D. I guess from now on, they can be referred to as Delta koolaid drinkers.

Another drink please- classic.

Actually, I prefer sniffing glue, but to each his own.....
How goes the flavor of blue juice nado? Its it choose your own? Probably not....Without a union, you are just served that flavor and told to like it, kind of like those 190 payrates?!

blah, blah, blah, union this, pay rates that. Please, new material. I guess I should just go with the standard response, looks like your union-

Saved your pensions
Kept your work rules
Kept your pay
the furloughees and their no-furlough clauses worked out well.
Congratulations at having 'only' spent a year and a half in BK.

You have a union and you were served a management flavor, you were told to like it, and then you voted to accept it. It takes stones to do that. I guess.

Now, I that take is probably about as accurate as your take about the 190 pay, ie. There is a little more to it than a simple sentence.

That, along with all the other typical JB bashing is just tired and played. I guess I just want to raise the bar and get people to reach for new material, not the same stuff that has been typed around here for the past 5 or so years and thousands of posts, it must get as old typing it, as it does reading it.

Now where where were we? Back to square one, of course.

I don't mean to pick a fight, I enjoy reading them far more. I was just pointing out something that was pretty apparent to me, and that is that you and the General are far bigger cheerleaders for Delta than any JB guys I have read on this forum, be it in number (as an example you at nearly 2000 posts, and GL at almost 9000 posts) or any other measurement, you guys more than hold your own.

I don't mean to offend you by that statement, but it seems that I did. Bygones I hope, it looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Its ok to say nice job every once in a while, spread the goodwill around a little bit. I have lots of friends at Delta, and when we get together and talk shop, along with good natured trash talk, there is a lot of mutual respect and give and take. I guess I was looking for some of that here as well.

I think they did keep their work-rules. And they still have the best contract of any legacy.

blah, blah, blah, union this, pay rates that. Please, new material. I guess I should just go with the standard response, looks like your union-

Saved your pensions
Kept your work rules
Kept your pay
the furloughees and their no-furlough clauses worked out well.
Congratulations at having 'only' spent a year and a half in BK.
Thanks! Sarcasm? Maybe....

You have a union and you were served a management flavor, you were told to like it, and then you voted to accept it. It takes stones to do that. I guess.
It certainly is a lot better than what UAL/US Airways went through during their BK. Am I happy about losing the pension....No, but thanks to UAL/US Airways leading the way, there was NO way to keep it!

Now, I that take is probably about as accurate as your take about the 190 pay, ie. There is a little more to it than a simple sentence.
Then please explain how your pilot group negotiates with management on pay and work rules on the 190?

That, along with all the other typical JB bashing is just tired and played. I guess I just want to raise the bar and get people to reach for new material, not the same stuff that has been typed around here for the past 5 or so years and thousands of posts, it must get as old typing it, as it does reading it.
I actually admire JB as a company. I think your product is a very good one. I'm just sick of the JB'ers on this forum who think they have done wonders for this industry! IF it wasn't for the JB's/and other LCC's, the legacy carriers wouldn't have had to file bankruptcy to compete......I know I know, that same old argument is old as the 190 comments, right?

Now where where were we? Back to square one, of course.
Carry on...

I don't mean to pick a fight, I enjoy reading them far more. I was just pointing out something that was pretty apparent to me, and that is that you and the General are far bigger cheerleaders for Delta than any JB guys I have read on this forum, be it in number (as an example you at nearly 2000 posts, and GL at almost 9000 posts) or any other measurement, you guys more than hold your own.
1951 posts= 1.40 posts per day....Over 4 years. I don't think that's too bad!
Perhaps you haven't met some of your other cheerleaders....
Tailhook, and some of the other blue juice kool aid drinkers...

I don't mean to offend you by that statement, but it seems that I did. Bygones I hope, it looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
I kept ruining shirts trying to sniff jet a exhaust!

Its ok to say nice job every once in a while, spread the goodwill around a little bit. I have lots of friends at Delta, and when we get together and talk shop, along with good natured trash talk, there is a lot of mutual respect and give and take. I guess I was looking for some of that here as well.
Ok, nice job.....
Keep up the good work!

TIF it wasn't for the JB's/and other LCC's, the legacy carriers wouldn't have had to file bankruptcy to compete......I know I know, that same old argument is old as the 190 comments, right?

This is quite tired; your problems are because of your companies' failure to compete in the market place. Get over it and move on.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back