jetBlue Mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Competitive Qualifications:

Our computers surface the most competitive applicants in the database. These files are then reviewed by a team of line Pilots. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, competitive qualifications can be significantly higher than the minimum requirements. On average, we are currently seeing the following background in candidates selected to interview:

- Over 2,000 hours total time in airplanes
- Greater than 1,000 hours turbine PIC in jets
- Greater than 1,000 hours in airplanes at or above 20,000 pounds (maximum takeoff weight) or in jet-powered airplanes at or above 12,500 pounds (maximum takeoff weight)
- Experience with more sophisticated aircraft utilizing Electronic Flight Instrument Systems (EFIS), Flight Management Systems (FMS)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Recency of experience

Have not heard of anyone getting on with no turbine PIC.

Well then it's nice to meet you. I'm in my fifth year and the mins were the same then as now.

C

These are hard mins. I have a buddy trying to get the 1000 pic so that he can get an interview and he's been flying a 70 seat RJ for years. He is also a lawyer and the only min he doesn't meet is the PIC. He will not be considered until this min is met. They can't bend for anyone because that would spread pretty quickly through a new hire class IMHO.

I hapen to know a F.O. that is at Jetblue that was hired without turbine PIC. He was hired less than two hears ago and is happy to be at Jetblue.

I hapen to know a F.O. that is at Jetblue that was hired without turbine PIC. He was hired less than two hears ago and is happy to be at Jetblue.

As he should be. It is hard to believe and airline flying large jets would hire someone with turbine PIC. Didn't realize we were hurting that bad.

On the other hand there are lots of us who have plenty of turbine/large/multi/PIC, but no jet time.

I can only speak for my recent class, however we had some highly experienced folks. Some guys with way more turbine PIC than I have total time!

I fly a E175 and was hired without turbine PIC at a regional... Why couldnt I get hired to fly a E190 at JetBlue? Same airplane.

I fly a E175 and was hired without turbine PIC at a regional... Why couldnt I get hired to fly a E190 at JetBlue? Same airplane.

Well it seems that since day 1 the minimums at B6 have not changed with exception of the weight requirement as I can recall, I could be wrong.

Those minimums had to be met by folks with considerable amount of time in all areas because they were going to fill Captain slots.

I remember the weight requirement at one point to be 40,000lbs and changed to 20,000lbs. As for everything else it has not chaged much at all.

The one that kinda has me confused is having or not having a degree.

As he should be. It is hard to believe and airline flying large jets would hire someone with turbine PIC. Didn't realize we were hurting that bad.

On the other hand there are lots of us who have plenty of turbine/large/multi/PIC, but no jet time.

I lost you at your first statement. Did you mean without turbine PIC? or sarcasm?

Latest resources

Back