jetBlue Mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Per the info sent from training...

1.) $2500/mo. is prorated training pay/no per diem.
2.) Insurance is available the first day of the month following your first 30 days.
3.) I don't know about the non-rev thing, but I believe it depends on the airline, every airline is different.

Thanks GreenBay... know it can be 3-6 months to nonrev on other airlines.. was wondering about nonrev on jetblue.. my current airline has a 2 week wait.. just wondering if it was similar at jetblue.

Non-rev starts as soon as Travel receives and processes your eligibility form. Be sure to bring marriage license, childrens' birth certs, and your own birth cert if you want non-rev for your parents (the last one surprised me a bit).

Rich Dad Poor Dad....recommend reading it. You don't need a 4 year degree to make it big. Would it help to make you smarter, have good grammar and sense of achievement? absolutely...more money? not necessarily!!

I didn't say you couldn't do well w/o a degree. I said it makes it more difficult. All the census data indicates that the income difference betwen those with a degree and those without is substantial. Anecdotal evidence aside you are much more likely to earn a comfortable living wage if you are college educated. Whether or not you actually learn anything useful in college is for another debate. I just didn't want some kid thinking that because one dumbass Marine got lucky they should skip going to college.

Congrats to the new B6'ers. Welcome aboard. Feel free to PM if you have any more questions.

Non-rev starts as soon as Travel receives and processes your eligibility form. Be sure to bring marriage license, childrens' birth certs, and your own birth cert if you want non-rev for your parents (the last one surprised me a bit).

Copies of all these documents will work, you won't need to have originals with you in MCO.

Rich Dad Poor Dad....recommend reading it. You don't need a 4 year degree to make it big. Would it help to make you smarter, have good grammar and sense of achievement? absolutely...more money? not necessarily!!

I didn't say you couldn't do well w/o a degree. I said it makes it more difficult. All the census data indicates that the income difference betwen those with a degree and those without is substantial. Anecdotal evidence aside you are much more likely to earn a comfortable living wage if you are college educated. Whether or not you actually learn anything useful in college is for another debate. I just didn't want some kid thinking that because one dumbass Marine got lucky they should skip going to college.

Congrats to the new B6'ers. Welcome aboard. Feel free to PM if you have any more questions.

I agree with Caveman. I do have a 4-year degree so my opinion may be biased. The numbers, however, are not biased. You are statistically more likely to make more money throughout your life with a degree. Get your degree while you're young and don't have to juggle that task along with supporting a family and paying a mortgage.

I agree with Caveman. I do have a 4-year degree so my opinion may be biased. The numbers, however, are not biased. You are statistically more likely to make more money throughout your life with a degree. Get your degree while you're young and don't have to juggle that task along with supporting a family and paying a mortgage.

You're not biased. Like you said, the number are the numbers. I'm not sure why people even debate this point. All evidence shows clearly that those with college degress have substantially higher income, on average, than those without.

This is from about.com:

"Census Bureau confirms earning power of higher education. Just in case you still had some doubts, the U.S. Census Bureau has released data proving the substantial value of a college education in the United States. Workers 18 and over sporting bachelors degrees earn an average of $51,206 a year, while those with a high school diploma earn $27,915. But wait, there's more. Workers with an advanced degree make an average of $74,602, and those without a high school diploma average $18,734."

Read the whole article at http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/censusandstatistics/a/collegepays.htm

There's no secret, no bias, and no debate. The more education you have, the higher income you have, on average.

I can never figure out why people try to make the arguement that it's not necessary to go to college to do well financially. They're right. Some people do great without degrees. But why would anyone try to convince others that it's not necessary to go to college when the statistics are crystal clear? Why not put the numbers on your side in terms of your potential, plus get an education while you're at it?

Anyway, back to the thread!

Question for those who may know:

When you are assigned a class, is the sole determinant on if you get Airbus or Embraer simply your age (and current staffing need of course)?? Are there any other factors?
Thanks in advance...

Question for those who may know:

When you are assigned a class, is the sole determinant on if you get Airbus or Embraer simply your age (and current staffing need of course)?? Are there any other factors?
Thanks in advance...

Seniority is solely based on age. A newbie in my crashpad the other day said that the way they're doing it now is you go down the seniority list and choose an aircraft. The oldest guy took 190 because he wanted to get Boston straight out of training, and he did. Otherwise, the bottom (youngest) guys got 190 and the top (oldest) guys got the bus.

My latest guesstimate for length of reserve is as follows:

E190 F/O - 2-4 months
A320 F/O - 4-8 months

GP

Latest resources

Back