• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue May 16, 17 Interveiw Session

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Buddy of mine got the call today and he is taking the E190 class. They told him to plan on SEP for a class date vs early next year for th 320. I hope this helps.

Snowbum,

Thanks for the info.
So I am one of the 18 swimmers from June interviews.
Hopefully my swim will be short.

MEK said:
SNOWBUM

Great info. Details like those really help those waiting patiently at home.

I find it amazing (but know it is true) that there are any open slots for classes. I am a 190 FO and am well aware that there is a ton of room for improvement at B6 and with the 190.

For all those poolies waiting for a 320 class did you not get the memo? Senority is EVERYTHING!!!!! Those poor bastards who are taking the 190 in September while you wait for a 320 class in Oct or Nov will be 320 captains before you, as well as 190 captains before you. I know everyone's situtation is unique and specific, but I just felt compelled to remind the sunbathers that the pool is not the place to be after getting offered a job. It is in the first available class.

$.02

While the concept is right, seniority is not everything to everybody bud. Some of us care a little more about time with family and cash in the bank. I figured take home pay over a 5 year period would be greater by waiting a few classes for the 320 than taking the 190. Yes, they will hold CA sooner, but if the 190 CA positions go out around 2 years, you will have been better off money wise to have taken the 320. I'll be heading over to the 190 as a CA as soon as my 2 years on the 320 are over. I've got a few kids running around at home and taking the 190 would require my wife to go back to work close to full-time. To some of us, seniority is not everything. Now if I had a sweet military retirement and government health insurance, then I could have taken the 190. Those darn military guys :). As far as room for imporvement on the 190, we can all see that, but we all knew what it was when we submitted the app. I'm sure they will fix it and all will be well. I'm budgeting a fat profit sharing check at the end of 07 because I think JBLU is going to rock in 07 unless Iran causes some crazy oil issues.

Don Q said:
Snowbum,

Thanks for the info.
So I am one of the 18 swimmers from June interviews.
Hopefully my swim will be short.

If you take the 190 you'll be ahead of me and I interviewed in May. I'll bet June guys will see Oct 190 classes.

Goggles,

Real estate 101 location, location, location
Airline pilot 101 senority, senority, senority

Everyone has their own event horizon. Are you (meaning any new pilot) in this for 5/10/15/20/25/? years. I am 36.

The difference in pay over two years is a big deal. I have been venting recently about it on a B6 forum, but there is no subsitute for senority - over time.

If you are going to be at B6 for two years. Take the 320 only. If you are going to be here for 5 years, maybe take the 320. If you are planning to be here for 20+ years, get the senority. 10 years from now you won't be too worried about how much you made your first year if you can't get Xmas off because those lines went to the class ahead of you.

My opinion is being voiced only to the guys/gals in the pool who seem to want 2 years of FO pay to drive their decision.

Don't get me wrong, I don't for a second think the 190 pay scale is reasonable. But I'd pick it again even if it got me into one class sooner.

again just my $.02. If your (poolies) decisions are made then, great, welcome aboard. It is just shocking to me to see people hold out for pay over senority. What this also shows, though, I hope to D1/D2/SG, is that the 190 pay needs immediate attention.

Truckdriver,
I'm not trying to get ahead fo anybody out there. I just want to start flying for Blue. I have my own issues with a future deployment. I could wait for a 320 class but like somebody said, to me seniority is everything. I also look at QOL.
Hopefully we'll get to meet someday and have a few beers together.

Truckdriver,

I have two kids at home and one due this month. I bet you and I have very similiar priorities.

I wouldn't sell my senority number to the guy behind me for the difference in pay.

Welcome aboard.

FWIW,
The rumor is that they are increasing the E190 FO pay pretty soon. I've heard the begining of 07.

Don Q said:
Truckdriver,
I'm not trying to get ahead fo anybody out there. I just want to start flying for Blue. I have my own issues with a future deployment. I could wait for a 320 class but like somebody said, to me seniority is everything. I also look at QOL.
Hopefully we'll get to meet someday and have a few beers together.

Oh, if you have the possibility to deploy, then get the number and deploy man. I know your not trying to get ahead of anyone, but you will jump ahead of some of us holding out for the 320 and you will get that number while your out doing us all some good. It is stupid to wait for the 320, but most of us are stupid to begin with since we are in this career anyways. :) I'm very comfortable with the decision to wait for a couple of classes to better my life the first few years. I may wish I had not given up a few numbers down the road, but it isn't that big a deal to me. You will always be jealous of the guys 50-100 #'s in front of you and there will always be someone senior to you that will take something you want. I just didn't want to risk the chance of making 30K for two years on the 190 and sending my wife to work with me out of town. I knew what the pay was when I applied and I knew I would wait for the 320 if it came down to it. I was just hoping it would be a minimal seniority hit and it looks like it will be just a bit more than minimal that is why it was actually a tough decision to turn down the 190 because I knew what I was giving up. I also just called Bernice today and she said they will be filling up the Oct classes within the next couple of weeks and they will most likely know the # and size of the 320 classes in Nov within the next couple of weeks. Lets hope ther are two big classes in Nov!

Here Here! Truckdriver.
I'm with you!
Like they say in my guard unit, family first, civilian jobs second and guard third. We'll see what happens with this deployment.

Cheers,

Latest resources

Back