JetBlue Low Pay Scales

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Delta3

I was talking to a hiring manager at JetBlue and she said the $14/hour salary I received at Delta "was a lot". I received that salary in ground maintenace after my freshman year of college when I worked in ATL.

I really didn't think I was paid that much by Delta. This is also weird because JetBlue is located in New York City where the cost of living is astronomical compared to Atlanta.

Someone I know applied for a maintenance training position with JetBlue and was offered only $40,000 which was less than what he makes at another airline.

Also, I heard that David Neeleman only makes $200,000 per year. So if that is correct how are the pay scales below him handled? Does anyone at the company make more than the CEO?

Last edited:
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17375

YGTBSM. This horse is dead. Beaten severely at least 5 times after death. Take your flame bait and go home.

$14/hr for a C-152 PPL? I know a regional that offered $20/flight hour to an ATP with over 4,000 hrs of heavy jet time. Sounds like the hiring manager was correct.

Neeleman's salary is $200,000 with a $90K or $75K bonus, depending on the year. According to the financials, his family trust owns about 14 million shares of the company, which puts his net worth at over half a BILLION. (BTW, this is a public company and you can read about it all at our investor web site.) He invested about $20M of his own money to get the company started. Unlike other CEOs, he has a personal stake in seeing the company succeed in the long run.

He made this same post (the first sentence was word for word...here it is, copied from that post: I was talking to a hiring manager at JetBlue and she said the $14/hour salary I received at Delta "was a lot". I received that salary after my freshman year of college when I worked in ATL.) on another message board. He didn't get many bites on it, either.

His profile on the other board lists his age as 16-20.

Why don't you go back to play with your FS and quit bothering people, eh kid?

to Delta3

You made the right choice, if thought that $14/hr was too low then you should not take the job. That is how it works. If JB can not attract enought workers, they will look at ways to increase the size of their selection pool for that position. I think pay a JB from what I have seen for skilled poisitons is in the ballpark and they must feel the same way becasue they are filling those poisitions.

What part of his question regarding ground maintenance didn't you guys understand? The poor mechanic who happens to fly tries to make an honest salary comparison and gets beatdown. Sheesh, gettin sensitive.

If you will notice most if not all defending JB are capt's and yes they do make decent salary.......problem is they are the only ones.

If you will notice, the only two people on this board that consistently trash JB are a couple of losers that were turned down by them.

Latest resources

Back