Jetblue landing good, but what if?

shroomwell

Total Time
alot
The Jetblue pilots did an excellent job with their situation. However lets assume that this happend to a Republic 170, and it crashed and burned. Then the NTSB determined that part of the cause was pilot inexperience. What do you think? Would this be enough to scare the public into realizing that, no they are not United pilots, they are twenty something new pilots flying that airplane? Would this help improve the industry outlook for pilots. Just a thought that I had.

moderator reviewed

Last edited by a moderator:

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
You might want to be careful about using company names in hypotheticals about airline crashes.

Eagleflip

Total Time
5000+
What if:

- Hitler had been assinated at the Eagles Nest?
- Herb Kelleher (sp) had decided to just drink instead of doodling on a napkin?
- Brad had foregone the lead in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith?"

I'm unsure of your intent, but answering hypotheticals is somewhat fruitless and disingenuous--try proving your point another way.

EF

chperplt

Total Time
What if your mom swallowed that night???

The only good "what if" question is what if I hit megabucks or win the 06 world series of poker... What would I do with all the money!

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
What if Alley Sheedy would have taken the role that was offered to her in Top Gun?

Counselair

"He said member..."
Total Time
Wasted
chperplt said:
What if your mom swallowed that night???

I'm almost laughing too hard to type...

On the mark,

Counselair

atrdriver

Living in Paradise
Total Time
5000+
FN FAL said:
What if Alley Sheedy would have taken the role that was offered to her in Top Gun?
Which role was she offered?

skydivinguy

Total Time
What if a frog had wings, it wouldn't be draggin its butt around

Texasskicker

Banned
Flexjet and Dang proud
Total Time
>YOU
Sniff...

Ever had BlueFish?

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
atrdriver said:
Which role was she offered?
I searched the net high and low yesterday, but I really couldn't find the definitive "citable" answer.

However, I do remember a "bio" show on her...probabley on cable. Right out of her mouth, they were offering the role played by Meg Ryan. She said she turned it down for another movie because, "Who would have thought people would want to see a movie of Tom Cruise flying around in a Jet?"

What I did find, was somebody's web log and that had something saying she was offerd the part that Kelly McGillis got.