• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue June 8 interview???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aug 15th! See ya there:beer: ! (May 2nd interview).

Congratulations Feitinger!

From what I can tell, that 320 upgrade comment may very well be true. I asked about selling 5 320's a year, and they mentioned that was a very real possibility for the future.

But, NO WAY you can see 10 years down the road.

S.

I hate to be the one to bring this up, but Dean did say that it's possible that those of us hired out of this group might not see A320 CA for up to 10 years. Should I believe that, or was it just a scare tactic?

I think at this point it is almost a futile endeavor to project 320 upgrades. Too many unknowns (attrition, slowdowns, etc.). For July, the most junior lineholding A320 Captain was #653 out of 1840 or so. If you're will to sit reserve for 2+ years the bottom reserve 320 Captain in upgrade class right now is around 930 (a lot of guys defer til they can hold a line).

I think there is around 80 more firm A320 orders between now and 2012. I think the manning is around 7 Capts per plane. That should give you some numbers to mess around with.

Not matter how you slice it, I think 6 years minimum, 10+ is possible with another growth slowdown (which I think is all but a done deal). Maybe Longhorn and other smart JB guys have a better answer.

10 years could be possible. With all the ex Airway guys staying it could take that long. Thats why we need those FO payrates up!!

10 years could be possible. With all the ex Airway guys staying it could take that long. Thats why we need those FO payrates up!!

No, that's why we need the arbitration thrown out so a proper integration can take place. Then, the east guys might take the callback.

Seriously, they are looking at the fleet and there have been a few "tells" recently that indicate they are looking at other aircraft for the fleet. Dave talked a bit about how the A320 was approaching the end of it's production life around 2012 (I think that was the year he mentioned) and there was going to be a need for a replacement for the 320. And, another CP commented last week that they are looking at everything, including 319's, 321's, and 330's - although all he meant was that they were always rethinking the fleet mix.

Nothing yet....fingers crossed and checking my email at an unhealthy pace

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back