Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UPDATE....

Full flight...lots of stbys.

During the last minutes of boarding, agent saw the "guy" up at the gate with JB lanyard...ID was flopped over. Appears THAT was not intentional. Agent assumed he was JS qualified...and agent NEVER attempted to look at his ID. Just assumed he was a JB employee. His code in the computer was correct..."S5"...NOT like the rumor going around that he was mistakingly coded. Spouse was NOT working said flight. Gate was a bit rushed trying to get everyone out...the agent said to the TSA guy to just run to the back and grab a cabin JS. And so he did.

Then the pilots saw the guy on the cabin JS that wasn't in normal JS attire. (I don't know what was wearing). Capt had an FA ask him some questions...

Tried to see if there was another JB crewmember in a seat that was JS qualified. No luck. Then, still in radio range...contacted our folks in JFK and they were asked to returned. Burned off fuel to avoid a heavyweight landing.

I don't know if this guy had "done this before" as is the rumor floating around. But he knew he shouldn't have been on the JS...

Those are the highlights...

Wouldn't it be great if this gets straightened out and other airlines offered a truly reciprocal agreement to let JB crewmembers ride in their empty cabin jumpseats? I'm just sayin'...

A complete breakdown on many levels. HOWEVER, how did he bypass checking in with the CA?! Whenever I JS on JB I am reminded by not only the gate agent, but the lead FA, to stick my head in the cockpit to introduce myself and show my airline ID.
Crazy comedy of errors which would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Easy Sally. Who said that the employee DIDN'T clearly explain the policies, never dreaming that this idiot would try and claim a jumpseat. The gate agent clearly has some culpability. I'm pretty sure he/she has been dealt with.

As I understand it, JB, in consultation with the FAA, voluntarily ended the practice of allowing OAL pilots and FAs on the cabin jumpseats. In fact, only JB pilots and FAs, as well as some JB dispatchers are now allowed. Once policies and procedures are investigated and improved, the cabin jumpseats MAY be opened back up to OAL. Let's hope it happens.

In the meantime, it's important to note that the cockpit jumpseat(s) are not affected. CASS approved pilots are business as usual.

This news will be disappointing to a lot of OAL FAs who frequently used the cabin jumpseats, especially from our Florida markets, to get to work. Despite the lack of reciprocity from other carriers, I hope that we can find a way to open the seats back up soon.

You had a good post that would stand up on it's own but decided the need to denigrate me with your "Easy Sally" comment. To what end? Not sure why folks act differently in online conversation than they would person-to-person. I asked a few questions because to that point in the thread there was no solid information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You had a good post that would stand up on it's own but decided the need to denigrate me with your "Easy Sally" comment. To what end? Not sure why folks act differently in online conversation than they would person-to-person. I asked a few questions because to that point in the thread there was no solid information.

Go back and read your post. You made a statement in regards to the employee. As you said, there was no solid information up to that point- an even better reason not to make statements that clearly weren't based on facts.

I apologize if you feel denigrated by the "easy sally" comment. Nothing I wouldn't say (face to face) to any friend of mine in the same situation.

Cheers.

Jeezzz. Sensitive Sally. Yes, I'd tell that to any pilot or so that is so easily offended. Don't take stuff to seriously dude, you'll end up wanting to burn a place down because they took your covited swingline.

wow, that time of the month ms. sensitive!?!?:laugh:

Thanks for the courtesy blue guys. Imagine that a dishonorable scumbag from Queens that had to get to DR...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks for the courtesy blue guys. Imagine that a dishonorable scumbag from Queens that had to get to DR...:rolleyes:

No worries brother. I/we are hoping that this will be a temporary pee-pee slap and it'll get back to normal...OR at the very least allow OAL "CREW" to ride the JS since you/we are all trained on aircraft doors in one form or another.

It'd be nice if other carriers extended the same program allowing OAL to ride FA jumpseats.

cheers

Latest resources

Back