• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He should be brought up on charges and possibly be looking at some prison time along with a huge fine. That is CRAP!!! :angryfire

The Post
Article is lacking in details and what they do have doesn't make sense, does anyone have the real story?

Did JBU change their policy or did the TSA force the change upon them?

Any punishment for the gate agent that let this clown on the a/c in the first place? How about for the JBU employee that gave this guy a pass without clearly explaining the rules of non-rev travel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Post
Article is lacking in details and what they do have doesn't make sense, does anyone have the real story?

Did JBU change their policy or did the TSA force the change upon them?

Any punishment for the gate agent that let this clown on the a/c in the first place? How about for the JBU employee that gave this guy a pass without clearly explaining the rules of non-rev travel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy Sally. Who said that the employee DIDN'T clearly explain the policies, never dreaming that this idiot would try and claim a jumpseat. The gate agent clearly has some culpability. I'm pretty sure he/she has been dealt with.

As I understand it, JB, in consultation with the FAA, voluntarily ended the practice of allowing OAL pilots and FAs on the cabin jumpseats. In fact, only JB pilots and FAs, as well as some JB dispatchers are now allowed. Once policies and procedures are investigated and improved, the cabin jumpseats MAY be opened back up to OAL. Let's hope it happens.

In the meantime, it's important to note that the cockpit jumpseat(s) are not affected. CASS approved pilots are business as usual.

This news will be disappointing to a lot of OAL FAs who frequently used the cabin jumpseats, especially from our Florida markets, to get to work. Despite the lack of reciprocity from other carriers, I hope that we can find a way to open the seats back up soon.

It's popular to blame the TSA, but it was JetBlue's failure to follow its policies and procedures that allowed it to happen. When someone slips something through the security screening it's the TSA's responsibility to catch it. In this case JetBlue is at fault.

Rumor has it, that he got the pass from his significant other, an employee, rumor also has it, that this isn't the first time he has tried this.

All just rumors though!

He is a SPOUSE of an employee...possibly an FA. I heard that somehow, his code in our travel system, MyIDTravel, showed him as 'cabin jumpseat qualified'. We as employees have NO way to change or input that particular info in MyIDTravel. So...somehow he learned this little software hicuup and expoited it on a few other flights in the past..so I heard. This time he was caught.

I think the way this was discovered was the pilots saw on the cameras in flight that someone was on one of the cabin Jumpseats that they were NOT aware of prior to pushback. I'm guessing they asked one of the FAs to gather info on this guy and thats when they found out about him being TSA.

I know that NOONE else allows us...or anyone else to ride their cabin jumpseats, but I hope we get ours back to the way it was soon. So in the meantime...our policy is just like everyone elses.

TSA bonehead. He knew better.

From a JFK gate agent - he was also wearing a JetBlue lanyard, but had his ID tucked away. (The agent failed to confirm his ID.) He was told to speak with the Captain and stood in the forward galley for a few minutes, but avoided speaking with the cockpit crew, then took an aft jumpseat.

He also bypassed security screening using his TSA credentials - a violation of TSA policy.

He clearly knew what he was doing.

What I'm waiting to hear is whether his significant other was working the flight and failed to speak up.

From a JFK gate agent - he was also wearing a JetBlue lanyard, but had his ID tucked away. (The agent failed to confirm his ID.) He was told to speak with the Captain and stood in the forward galley for a few minutes, but avoided speaking with the cockpit crew, then took an aft jumpseat.

He also bypassed security screening using his TSA credentials - a violation of TSA policy.

He clearly knew what he was doing.

What I'm waiting to hear is whether his significant other was working the flight and failed to speak up.

Oooo...never thought of that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back