Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

citabriapilot

V Murdda...
Had a buddy jump on a redeye to NYC this past weekend and he said they gave him a "rule" card that listed all the jumpseater rules, one of which said he was considered a crewmemeber and thus couldn't sleep on the flight. Is this accurate?

I thought that was a little odd, especially for an all night flight. Either way, it's their plane and they let him cross the country for nothin', so if that's how it is, so be it. Just wanted to clarify so I can be rested up if I ever make it on.

Thanks!

citabriapilot said:
he was considered a crewmemeber and thus couldn't sleep on the flight. Is this accurate?

It really sucks when upon arrival they hit you up for a random drug test.

...I have jumpseated on JB a bunch of times and have never heard of this. Always a great ride. Thanks to all the JB crews for the rides.

This is only if you are actucally sitting on the FA jumpseat. I saw it for the first time yesterday. Very similar to the cockpit jumpseat briefing guide.

Nooner21

That makes sense... He was sitting on the FA jumpseat. Pretty cool of them to get him on, even if he DID have to stand up most of the time.

citabriapilot said:
That makes sense... He was sitting on the FA jumpseat. Pretty cool of them to get him on, even if he DID have to stand up most of the time.

Might raise an eyebrow if he was hanging by his straps in uniform!;)

You cannot sleep while sitting IN the jumpseat. My favorite is the United guy that showed up in a hula shirt and bahama shorts for a jumpseat, and when told by my buddy to get some pants on, he said "I fly for United". Not being supremely impressed, my buddy said, "Then you can definitely afford pants. Put them on or go play another round of golf." Sweet.

Splinter said:
You cannot sleep while sitting IN the jumpseat. My favorite is the United guy that showed up in a hula shirt and bahama shorts for a jumpseat, and when told by my buddy to get some pants on, he said "I fly for United". Not being supremely impressed, my buddy said, "Then you can definitely afford pants. Put them on or go play another round of golf." Sweet.

Not to defend the UAL guy, but I had a JB guy trying to JS wearing a pair of Levis and a T-shirt. I let him on, so I guess I am part of the problem.

And while we are on the JB jumpseat "rules and protocol" subject.....

Please introduce yourself to the cockpit and inflight crew.....even if you have a seat assignment. I can't tell you how many times I have met a jumpseater while saying goodbye to the customers. In the old days, lots of "jumpseat newbies"....today, if you don't know jumpseat protocols then you are just showing ignorance.

Please don't help clean.....this has never, nor will it ever be, a requirement. Some help no matter what I say, but I make it clear to them they are not required to help.

Bring a headset and enjoy the ride.

A350

PS. To the DAL guys and gals.....the new resolution to allow unlimited jumpseats didn't include JB. Why?

A350 said:
PS. To the DAL guys and gals.....the new resolution to allow unlimited jumpseats didn't include JB. Why?

I posted a letter from the DAL jumpseat coordinator on our private site. Please go read it.

Latest resources

Back