JetBlue & Irene... Backup SOC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N271FE

Are y'all staying put and riding her (Irene) out? Any backup locations to bail out to in case of rapture?

In any case- hoping for the best for you guys!

Love how the news is getting all up in arms over a Cat1 hurricane. Really? It's not that big a deal. You get stronger storms on a squall line that move at practically the same speed. Only difference is, yes, these winds will last a bit longer of course but still no need to bunker down and "ride it out". Bunch of drama queens in my opinion.

New York shut down the other day from an earthquake that was over 500 miles away. It rains a little and they all go into hiding like a sewer rat.

They are a bunch of drama queens.

It's not the CAT of the storm....it was the storm surge that had EVERYONE worried. Surge AT high tide...and 'spring' tide also. Worse case scenerio stuff. A 'squal line' doesn't have a storm surge.

2ndly...regarding the quake, cut the east coast people some slack! It's just barely days till the 10 year 9/11 anniversary. If you're in a building and you hear/feel the rumble...you're not thinking of earth quake, you're thinking another attack of some sort. Also, buildings aren't built to the standard for quakes that is required for the west.

how would you west coast cronies deal with a CAT 3 storm or a tornado down Hollywood Blvd.? think about it....

Hollywood Blvd? I am perfectly fine with that, and I am a CA native. less fake boobs and small purses/big sunglasses for all!

I understand your point though. It just seems like every time there is some sort of anything, the entire population of NYC seems to make a big deal out of it- bog deal meaning they need the rest of the day off to cope

Good point but opinion of New Yorkers still holds. Nothing but a bunch of drama queens.

I don't think it's New Yorkers being drama queens as much as it is the mainstream media trying to propogandaize the people into "hunkering down". NYC evacuated low lying areas,which was needed. Not sure if shutting down all public tranport was nessecary. The media just wants everyone to believe the hype that it was worse than expected.

Now back to the real question. What is the status of Jetblue's SOC and didthey evacuate to a back up?

Latest resources

Back