Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dlredline

Folks,

Thought I'd pass on this info from the latest round of JetBlue interviews. The information posted previously on what to expect is dead on. The process could not have been more enjoyable and professional. The JetBlue staff does everything to put you at ease. Ya'll are gonna love this place.

The backgrounds of those in attendance varied, but my personal observation was at least 50% former/current military, then a mix of commuter, furloughed airline, and corporate. JetBlue has always said they want a broad cross section of industry pilots, and it's true. And only half of all those in attendance had Airbus experience. Also, most there had an internal recommendation prior to coming, but not all, so it's not necessarily the "silver bullet". The interview is just as advertised, and my group even told me to format my stories in the situation/action/result format. Doing so makes their job that much easier. Overall, it was one of the most pleasant professional experiences of my career, and I hope everyone gets the opportunity in the near future to speak with these fine people.

As an addition, for those of you (like me) who haven't gone through a s/a/r "targeted selection" style interview, or need a fine tuning of your interviewing skills, I HIGHLY suggest taking an interview prep course. I know there are several out there, and I'm sure each is good in their own right. Without sounding like a commercial, I'll tell you I used Aaron Hagan at Emerald Interviews to prep me, and I honestly can tell you it made all the difference in the world. He helped me with my stories, fine tuned my communication skills, and basically gave me the confidence to "shine" at the interview. A true professional worth twice what I spent, since I got the word this morning I'm moving on to Phase 2 with JetBlue. I would suggest, though, that when you get called for the interview, schedule your interview prep EARLY, say 2 weeks out. I did this thinking it might be too far away and I might not be "fresh" for the actual interview. Actually it worked out perfectly, giving me several days to "digest" the information Aaron gave me, then another several days to "metabolize" it, then a few more days to practice and fine tune. Whether you have the communication skills of Tony Robbins or Forest Gump, a prep course will give you a level of confidence that is invaluable during the inteview.

Hope this information helps.

Hopefully 'Blue soon . . .

DL

Congratulations

Great work, when they say it'll be 6-8 weeks to complete Phase 2, they aren't kidding. Hope to see you around JFK.

Gus

Way to go dlredline! I thought for a while there you would be the only one at the interview. I sure am glad you were one of the ones that made it through. Thanks for the update on the gouge. Hopefully it will come in handy one day! Keep us updated on Phase II.

Counselair:D :D :D

DL made it easy...as did most of my clients. Most folks called by JetBlue are already pretty well qual'd.

On the other hand...if anyone does want some help, I have had a darn good track record at JetBlue. I helped 7 on this last board, and so far 6 have written back with good news on Phase I (I'm still crossing my fingers and waiting on # 7...).

If I can help any of you up for an interview in September, here's the link:

http://hometown.aol.com/ahaganf15/myhomepage/business.html

Normally I do one on one prep sessions, but I may offer some kind of 2 day seminar in September this time and see if that generates any interest.

Drop me a line if you have any questions...references are available on request. Or...you can simply make a post and ask...lots of former clients hawk these boards.

Fly safe!

Last edited:
dlredline said:
Folks,

since I got the word this morning I'm moving on to Phase 2 with JetBlue. DL

DL,
Congrats....Now the wait...

I hope it goes well for you....

Colorado

Thanks, Colorado and Gus.

I couldn't be more jazzed about how things are going.

DL

Next Round of Interviews

Does anyone know when Dean is going to generate another round of interviews? Lots of furloughed Bros keep asking me if I know when the next interviews might occur.

A buddy of mine (interview board) said not until September, with a possibility of an earlier interview. Don't know why the 3 month gap.

There have been interviews every OTHER month lately...

I think they just run things on a 2 month cycle vice a monthly flow. When you consider the amount of "heavy hitters" from company leadership they bring in to talk to prospective employees, you can see how maybe they'd rather not do that every single month--they spend a lot of hours with interviewees. They can grab enough good candidates at an interview to fill several classes...not just the "next" class.

I don't know this, but I have to suspect the new jet orders will only increase either the number of interviews OR the size of the groups hired...but this is pure speculation. I'll defer to the insiders who read the "Blue notes" to spread the true word.

Latest resources

Back