• Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes.

I've been typed in

zingers

zingers w/ cheese

sliders

pitchers and/or pints

happy hour

and numerous other daily specials at the ale house.

Training was so tough that I had to go to recurrent each afternoon...good luck kid.

Don't forget the cash.

osso bucco kicks azz

With out an actual PIC (type rating) check ride?

You still take a PIC checkride but the training time is reduced because you did the initial ground training and flight training when you did your SIC type. You would go through a recurrent class which takes about half the time as an initial and come out with the PIC type

Bottom line: the SIC type is not useful in anyway in the US.

It's like a centurion patch for my navbag (or NFO).

You still take a PIC checkride but the training time is reduced because you did the initial ground training and flight training when you did your SIC type. You would go through a recurrent class which takes about half the time as an initial and come out with the PIC type

Yes. It is still a full blown checkride. Not just a regular recurrent check ride. It is usally called ugrade training and that is more than an recurrent ground school and sim.

The SIC type means nothing. It is no more valuable in getting a type than an FO checkout did before the SIC type came to be. An FO type only says that you have been through some form of training on the aircraft to act as second in command. It is not by any means a type rating or comparable.

Latest resources

Back