jetBlue FO Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No...

No, but sorta (mostly no). You will get an A320 or E190 rating on your certificate next to your other aircraft ratings. However, under Limitations it will say A320 or E190 "SIC PRIVILEGES ONLY". I think this is in line with ICAO certification.

Um, it's a no. Not a mostly no. SIC type means jack.

Um, it's a no. Not a mostly no. SIC type means jack.

Splitting hairs maybe but technically it is a rating with a SIC limitation. It's not like you can claim your "typed" in the plane but that's what it is.

Its an SIC type, which is required for most countries flying international. When it comes time to upgrade, you can get the PIC type by just doing a recurrent.

Say that you have the SIC type and interview for a new job that wants to hire you as a captain (corporate). They'll send you to a recurrent which to them is half the price then an initial type and you'll come out with the PIC type. So it's not completely useless.

Yes.

I've been typed in

zingers

zingers w/ cheese

sliders

pitchers and/or pints

happy hour

and numerous other daily specials at the ale house.

Training was so tough that I had to go to recurrent each afternoon...good luck kid.

Don't forget the cash.

Its an SIC type, which is required for most countries flying international. When it comes time to upgrade, you can get the PIC type by just doing a recurrent.

Say that you have the SIC type and interview for a new job that wants to hire you as a captain (corporate). They'll send you to a recurrent which to them is half the price then an initial type and you'll come out with the PIC type. So it's not completely useless.[/QUOT

I don't beleive that is correct.

Latest resources

Back