• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue FO Pay Adjustment?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There were 17 in my new hire class a little over a year ago. Four have left already. 2 UPS, 1 SWA, 1 legacy recall. Thats already an attrition rate of almost 25% and I know of at least one with a pending interview and two with recall rights to a legacy carrier.

My class had 20. Current tally: 2 left for FedEx, 1 to Virgin (as Capt, I think), 1 to Delta. I'll be leaving for SWA at the beginning of '08. Others have interviewed or are currently waiting to hear. JB still has an FO retention problem. Pay will have to come up or more will jump ship.

Jetblue is the poster child for refuge airlines. Had a Jb capt on the jump the other day, he was planning on returing to AMR when offered the chance.

It's funny that this keeps coming up but once again its pretty obvious that all Jetblue is, is a airline where refugees go until they get the call from SWA, Fedex, UPS or the recall from there old Legacy carrier.

I have a few friends at jetblue and all they say is if any of the above called they would leave in a second However, when in Blue country they say they Love it! and everything is "Great" like Tony the Tiger. Losing 100 Fo's is pretty bad especially for an airline that's making money and Growing.

Its all about dollars and cents..

It is easy as an FO at blue to do simple math based on pay scales at swa, fdx, or ups and make a decision.

Does it make jb a bad company? Absolutely not.. JB FO pay scales need to improve. It was easy to hire a guy at a low FO pay scale because in the past he knew he would upgrade within a year or two.. Now a new hire probably wont see the left seat on the bus for at least 5-6 years maybe longer..

There has actually been a much smaller number of pilots taking recall. Nearly no US air guys have left.. Only a few ual have returned and I know we have some amr guys that are still waiting that will probably return.

I understand why some would leave. But ya can't always chase the dollar. I don't want to go to another first year pay scale. Unless something really bad happens here, then I might bail...otherwise I'm staying.

It's funny that this keeps coming up but once again its pretty obvious that all Jetblue is, is a airline where refugees go until they get the call from SWA, Fedex, UPS or the recall from there old Legacy carrier.

I have a few friends at jetblue and all they say is if any of the above called they would leave in a second However, when in Blue country they say they Love it! and everything is "Great" like Tony the Tiger. Losing 100 Fo's is pretty bad especially for an airline that's making money and Growing.

Yep, thats all it is...guess we can end all discussions now...

I wouldn't be so definitive...I have a friend that took the recall back to UAL and regrets it. He says morale there is pretty bad. Just his opinion...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back