Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BLUE BAYOU

December 13, 2010
JetBlue Airways was fined USD$600,000 by the US Department of Transportation on Monday for violating rules protecting passengers with disabilities and for failing to disclose when flights it sold were operating under a code-sharing agreement with another carrier.
The DOT said in a statement that USD$350,000 of the civil fine must be paid by the airline and up to USD$250,000 can be used to improve service to the disabled beyond what the law requires.
"The DOT's decision serves as an important reminder for us to continuously improve our service," Bryan Baldwin, JetBlue corporate communications manager said. "We're committed to ensuring all customers are provided a respectful, accommodating and enjoyable experience."
The US transportation agency said complaints showed JetBlue violated a requirement to provide disabled passengers with assistance while they were boarding and leaving planes.
The agency also said calls made to JetBlue's reservations line found the New York-based discount airline did not disclose that some flights were being operated by a code-share affiliate.

I don't believe this is our first fine for the disabled... I'm sure glad the people we have at FSC, NY, are the best in the world! And, what? No LiveTvs on Cape Air flights! I'd be upset too!!! Ahh, the cost of doing business in beautiful New York...

Whoa, a post from Blue Bayou that mildly criticizes the company! *checks METAR temperature in Hell, it's friggin' cold*

Latest resources

Back