JetBlue Feb. Interviews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1st and 2nd of Feb

I should have been more clear.........What I meant to ask was after the Feb. 1st & 2nd dates , when might JetBlue interview again? Just so that we might have the chance to plan our schedules.......... The chief pilot at the open house in MCO suggested that if you are made a job offer after a Feb. interview that you might be in class already by March. This makes me think that there might be interviews given at the begining of each month. That's just purely speculation on my part, keeping in mind that a pool is sure to grow.......Thanks for the reply Caveman, April will be a long wait but it'll be well worth it if the call comes!Take care,Capt.Z
ps: sorry for any typos, getting use to a new treo........

Last edited:
waiting for 320 in the pool

I think there were 70 poolies holding out for the 320 prior to the Nov interviews. There is no longer a choice for AC so I would guess that the poolies and Nov interivewees would fill up these slots. If you interview in Feb, you most likely won't here for about 6 weeks at the earliest so that would put you at about mid march. There may be a select few that get a late march slot, but most of the Feb guys will probably fill classes from April to June. I hear that the classes will look about the same in April and May as they do for the first quarter.

Since this thread is primarily about making a best guess for planning purposes, I'd say there probably won't be much of a difference in the 320 or 190 pool. A new hire getting to choose or not, not too many people (IMHO) will bypass prescious seniority for the MUCH smaller pay difference now. Granted there are other factors, like our very small & senior southern/western bases that may be a deal breaker for a few folks, but overall I'd expect the deep 320 pool to dry up quick. I have a friend who waited a while for the bus, recently started, and is kicking himself every day now that the pay is so similar. If you're going to an airline anyway, its rediculous (again, IMHO) to bypass dozens (or scores, or hundreds?) of seniority numbers over gaining 4 bucks an hour for your first 2 years, then losing the economic and QOL leverage of seniority for the rest of your career, or however long one plans on staying.

Since this thread is primarily about making a best guess for planning purposes, I'd say there probably won't be much of a difference in the 320 or 190 pool. A new hire getting to choose or not, not too many people (IMHO) will bypass prescious seniority for the MUCH smaller pay difference now. Granted there are other factors, like our very small & senior southern/western bases that may be a deal breaker for a few folks, but overall I'd expect the deep 320 pool to dry up quick. I have a friend who waited a while for the bus, recently started, and is kicking himself every day now that the pay is so similar. If you're going to an airline anyway, its rediculous (again, IMHO) to bypass dozens (or scores, or hundreds?) of seniority numbers over gaining 4 bucks an hour for your first 2 years, then losing the economic and QOL leverage of seniority for the rest of your career, or however long one plans on staying.

Agreed. Everyone should take what they are offered. Since the pay rates are about the same now, it's a no brainer if you want to work here. You always want what will give you the lowest sen #. The 190 guys can get off reserve pretty quick, upgrade somewhat fast, then stay on the 190 until they have be a senior reserve or line holder as a 320 Cap.

There are up sides to both A/C now. If you go with the 320 F/O, you do that for 2 years, then upgrade to the 190 Cap position for about 3 years, then back to the 320 Cap.

These numbers will vary over time but the seat progression will be the same.

I've been here 2 years, and with the small raise the 190 Caps got, I'm considering going to the 190 for a few years to avoid the 320 Cap reserve situation.

Just thought I'd pass those thoughts along.

Good luck to all the interviewees. 2007 will be interesting. Lots of things going on behind the scenes.

We have 9 or 10 190s being delivered and 12 320s in 2007. Might sell 2 older 320s, depending on how much traffic we have late next year.

8 new cities this year.

DW

For those of you trying to compare the QOL differences between the 190 and Bus I got a line in JFK on the 190 after 2 1/2 months! Your mileage may vary, objects in mirror are closer than they appear, and all the other standard disclaimers apply....

Any word as to when there might be another MCO open house? I missed the one in December and would like to plan my schedule accordingly to get down there for the next one. Thanks in advance for the information.

Any word as to when there might be another MCO open house? I missed the one in December and would like to plan my schedule accordingly to get down there for the next one. Thanks in advance for the information.

There will be another open house on February 17th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Orlando Support Center. This one is being held in conjuction with the Women in Aviation conference. More details will be coming out shortly.

I interviewed 2/1 and got the call today for the E-190 !! I start on 2/14 in MCO. My strongest suggestion to anyone who is serious about considering a career with JetBlue is to please attend the open house on Feb 17th in MCO.

I promise, you won't regret it!! What an experience! I had my app in since 4/2005 and if it wasn't for the open house, I might never have had the opportunity to interview.

Good Luck To All !!

Ciao,
GF

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back