Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue fails to meet expectations, or explain why, again...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pilot Values Committee,

My name is and I am a junior E190 FO in the bottom 15% here at JetBlue. Over the last 20 years the scope of what aircraft is flown by major airlines has slowly gone from a turbojet aircraft greater than 50 seats, to a 70 seat or greater turbojet aircraft (or some form of weight requirement), and more recently, to a 100 seat aircraft (E190) which is now being used to replace an entire seniority list at a major airline called Midwest Airlines. Although I do not have the facts about how this came about, I do know that some 400 pilots are all but furloughed while another airline has gained almost complete control of their flying through contract service. What type of agreement do we have in place that prevents me from reading a press release tomorrow that says JetBlue Airways has done something similar? In the past this has been a common pathway after a pilot group gets a new contract that drastically increases total compensation. From the notes of the PVC and from talking with the CP's office, it sounds as if we are going to see a total compensation package that would be close to industry average with an additional cost of approximately 36 million dollars. My concern is we currently have nothing that states that the company does not intend to do the same. Although we do have a no furlough policy, future growth could easily be contracted out to another pilot group. My main question is: Are their any conversations concerning scope going on at this time if so, where would the scope language be located? I would imagine the PEA is the only reasonable avenue we have to enter such an agreement. It is my personal belief that all flying done by JetBlue Airways, including any tickets sold for flights on JetBlue Airways, along with maintenance flights, ferry flights, and charter flights, should be flown by pilots on the JetBlue Seniority List that is located on the pilots home page. I personally believe that with a new PEA to be released in the next few weeks this is a small token that would help to firm up the idea of collaboration with management, and give some of the protection that is currently not allotted to us which would be in a traditional CBA.

Sincerely,

I sent that on 5/25/09. Received no reply but have heard that scope is on the back burner. I personally thought that waiting another two or three weeks to get scope would have been well worth it.

All I am saying the PVC and Management have made progress will continue making porgress. What they have accomplished in record time it encouraging. I am sure other improvements will follow.

Jetblue has been around for almost a decade..... what are you waiting for?

Latest resources

Back