Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dakotaHC8

Hello,

real curious what the expected date for the arrival of your new E-190's ais, when/where they might be placed into service. And is there any news on hiring for this new fleet type at JB...?

Any info would be greatly appreciated...:)

R

dakotaHC8 said:
Hello,

real curious what the expected date for the arrival of your new E-190's ais, when/where they might be placed into service. And is there any news on hiring for this new fleet type at JB...?

Any info would be greatly appreciated...:)

R

Dakota,

Do a thread search on this subject, much has been written and you'll find a wealth of information from past discussions.

Red

I would expect the short haul and medium haul segments to be replaced first. E190's doing JFK-SYR, BUF, and ROC make more sense than the 320. I would also expect Long Beach-SLC and Long Beach-Vegas to go to 190's.

Some medium haul would be NY to Den and also some NY to FL stuff.

Thanks,

Curious if they have started actual training yet,in the YUL sim for anyone to be on the E-190 (check airman, instructors, so on). Also curious, will the jetBlue models be equipped with the heads up display...?

Also, a more generic jetBlue hiring question. Does the company place substanial weight upon a havng a type in the aircraft it operates vs. current right seat experience in those same aircraft.

The reason I ask is that I do have about 500 Hours in the EMB-170 verison of your new aircraft, but no type rating for it. (EMB-170 First Officer time only)

R

I know it's been covered before but I can't find it.... What is the pay rate for the 190 (F/O and Captain and years of service)? Is there any word on where they will be based? I'm particularly interested in BOS.

Thanks

dakotaHC8 said:
Thanks,

Curious if they have started actual training yet,in the YUL sim for anyone to be on the E-190 (check airman, instructors, so on). Also curious, will the jetBlue models be equipped with the heads up display...?

Also, a more generic jetBlue hiring question. Does the company place substanial weight upon a havng a type in the aircraft it operates vs. current right seat experience in those same aircraft.

The reason I ask is that I do have about 500 Hours in the EMB-170 verison of your new aircraft, but no type rating for it. (EMB-170 First Officer time only)

R

Ok, here it goes . . .

Yes, sim instructors (5 currently) are up in YUL getting trained, with more coming on each month. Yes, the 190s will have HUDs. Basing will be JFK for at least the first year, but with public desire to operate JFK-BOS (amoung other routes) and with "dot-connecting" on both coasts, you don't have to be in Florida launching stuff into space to figure out where potential new bases may occur.

Hiring will not be differentiated between the 2 fleets. A pilot will initially be offered a class in either, with a 2 year freeze placed on the equipment he/she trains on, with upgrade for the 190 is anticipated to be quicker. This will not be an option until this Fall when line pilots begin initial training on the 190. Bid for current JetBlue pilots to the 190 will occur sometime in May, so a better gauge of seniority issues on both fleets will occur this summer. Pay rates can be found at www.airlinepilotcentral.com.

As far as hiring, a 170 type certainly helps, as does time in the aircraft, but neither is the majic bullet. JetBlue places an emphasis on the overall quality of a pilot's experience, and has hired instructors for the 190 with and without 170 time.

That help? :)

Red

• 1000 hours in airplanes at or above 20,000 pounds (maximum takeoff weight) or 1000 hours in large turbojet airplanes (12,500 lbs or above)

I copied this over from jetBlues web site. So if I read this correct if you are flying a bizjet over 12,500 lbs but under 20,000 lbs you can now apply? Maybe I'm out of the loop but is this a recent change?

DUAL HUD on the EMB190..

A first for a 121 carrier...

CAT IIIb handflown ....

There is a push to make the HUD the primary flight display...
which may allow the electronic flight bag to be displayed on the cockpit displays..

just hoping that Embraer knows what they're doing...

avoidingmyboss said:
• 1000 hours in airplanes at or above 20,000 pounds (maximum takeoff weight) or 1000 hours in large turbojet airplanes (12,500 lbs or above)

I copied this over from jetBlues web site. So if I read this correct if you are flying a bizjet over 12,500 lbs but under 20,000 lbs you can now apply? Maybe I'm out of the loop but is this a recent change?

Whoo Hoo!! That's the way I read it! That holds out some hope for those of us stuck in small cabins there whole career!!

Thanks for the info, I did a search on the subject prior to asking, yet I thought it never hurt to ask again, as I was looking for recent info, recent changes, and so forth.

It is a interesting plane to fly, and by the time the 190 rolls out most of the "new plane" issues should be worked out (incld the VNAV certification). I am sure that jetBlue customers will love the new plane. Ours do, even on a 3.5 PHL-IAH leg, and that is without the Direct TV to watch.

Thanks again for the information, those of us interested in this appreciate the heads up.

R

Latest resources

Back