JetBlue Aug. 5th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
shadesofBS said:
So nice to know that the boys in leather have the airline under control.

As you can see, we have a few that were hired early that slipped in. Great pilots, but little help when it comes to taking care of the customers. Not all of them, but just a few. This thread today was a good example. It went from me giving advice to a future interviewee about what JetBlue is looking for in a candidate to, I should not speak for others because I've only been here 4 months.

Still not sure what the connection was there.

Most everyone that I have met does a great job, but like any other airline we have a few that are here to fly from A to B, and that's about it.

Dogwood said:
It went from me giving advice to a future interviewee about what JetBlue is looking for in a candidate to, I should not speak for others because I've only been here 4 months.

No offense, but you should recognize that YOU, having been here 4 months, don't have the jetBlue background to speak for other JB pilots. ESPECIALLY those that have been here FIFTEEN TIMES longer than you.
This is a good company, a good job, but nowhere near the "Utopia Airlines" you allude to in your post.
JB has some major problems that need fixed. Either they are repaired or ignored: THAT will decide if they are a world-class airline. The jury is out, notwithstanding your toy airplanes.
OH! I almost forgot.
GOOD LUCK skiav8tor!

Last edited:
"Koolaid"

Amazing how this word came about! I work for a company that is likely the most familiar brand in the history of commerce. No company has ever made something as simple as a color, their identity. JetBlue is a very good airline. They have tackled adversity and come out on top. Not everything works all the time; JB realized that with some of their destinations, but they easily bounced back. Yup, the Koolaid. Is this what drives employees or is it more of an embarassment. I think the latter, but as long as the paychecks come in, then maybe it's ok.

Dogwood has a lot of flight time. I assume a good chunk of that came from USair. I also think that he didn't leave his previous company because it was time for a change. It was probably a forced move. Kudos to you for getting on with another carrier. The fact of the matter is that we all do our jobs for different reasons. Some parade in their uniforms to show off, others do it because it is the greatest part-time job, still others do it because they love to fly, etc, etc. Unfortunately, things that are said and done get understood in many different ways. First year pilots where I work are the biggest scoundrels of them all. Who could possibly work for that little!!!!!!!!!! What we decided was that the future looks bright and that there is a pot-of-gold at the end of the rainbow. Case in point is the contract that we should be getting. The folks that get hired here come from everywhere with every kind of background.

I think that sharing opinions and the like is a good thing for those wanting to come on board. Some are a little over the top, ie. the little toy airplanes. But, if that is your thing then so be it. Others who have commented have said that things change quite a bit over 5 years. They are not exactly telling the truth, because things start changing after a year already. "Is this really what I signed up for?????". Salaries, duty-days, management blunders, etc all make us think that things are worse. I think that for many, things may have been better in a previous life. Unfortunately, that era is gone and we need to adapt.

DW, keep the faith and keep doing what you are doing. If this works for you then, why not? For the other guys, man you're doing it right, too. I am just glad that we don't have to worry about every little punk coming up through the ranks, moving ever closer to a cubicle at the window, trying to steal our jobs.

A little food for thought........maybe a little off topic, but something to consider.

oldxfr8dog said:
No offense, but you should recognize that YOU, having been here 4 months, don't have the jetBlue background to speak for other JB pilots. ESPECIALLY those that have been here FIFTEEN TIMES longer than you.
This is a good company, a good job, but nowhere near the "Utopia Airlines" you allude to in your post.
JB has some major problems that need fixed. Either they are repaired or ignored: THAT will decide if they are a world-class airline. The jury is out, notwithstanding your toy airplanes.
OH! I almost forgot.
GOOD LUCK skiav8tor!

Oldxfr8dog & DW,

First...thanks for the words and luck!! I honestly believe that it is the people that make the airline, and jetBlue tries their hardest to find those people...I think, and I hope jetBlue sees that I am one of those that understands that philosophy!! This would be my first airline gig, so I don't have the 'airline experience', but I will make of what I put into it...having said that, I also don't bring with me the 'old' airline mentality. There are a lot of good people in this profession that have unfortunately been soured by the mistakes that management of past (and present) airlines have made...that doesn't make them bad people, just a little synical of new airline management techniques and mentality. I think it is great that the new companies are trying to change not only how PAX feel about the industry, but also how the employees feel...we have the best jobs on the face of the planet, and think we should all appreciate that a bit more. All companies, airline and otherwise have their issues, but those that have it the easiest, always seem to complain the loudest!! I think it up to 'us' to bring this industry back to what it once was, and that starts with our own attitudes!!

Thanks again to everyone on this board, as I have gained a great amount of knowledge about this industry here...

oldxfr8dog said:
OH! I almost forgot.
GOOD LUCK skiav8tor!

FreightDog,

I'm not really sure where I was painting JB as "Utopia". I haven't even discussed that. Maybe you should re-read my posts. Sitting in a crashpad in NY is certainly not "Utopia".

Where was I speaking for the other pilots?

I think people read these posts, get all excited, let their minds start ranting, then reply to something that wasn't even in the post.

I'm done posting here. Too many people out of control. You can't help anyone without getting bashed.

DW

Dogwood said:
FreightDog,

I'm not really sure where I was painting JB as "Utopia". I haven't even discussed that. Maybe you should re-read my posts. Sitting in a crashpad in NY is certainly not "Utopia".

Where was I speaking for the other pilots?

I think people read these posts, get all excited, let their minds start ranting, then reply to something that wasn't even in the post.

I'm done posting here. Too many people out of control. You can't help anyone without getting bashed.

DW

DW,

I think that you can help people here...but the majority of those who post do the bashing...

Again, I get a little ferom everybody here...not just those who try to help. Keep up the good attitude that you have...it is sorely needed here.

Ski

P.S. Did you do an interview prep for JB? Anybody...Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ease up Freightdog and act like a big boy or no Blue chips for you.
"I'm not really sure where I was painting JB as "Utopia"."

For me, it's as close to a Utopian airline as I've seen and I enjoyed my 15 years at the legacy carriers before my 2 years at JB.

Oookaayyy. Well, I got the call! I'll be there on the 5th! I'll be happy to be there.

oldxfr8dog

Sorry I must have read into your post something that was not there.

oops.:)

Last edited:
Smoking Man said:
I don't know why you feel the need to unload on DW, His time in the industry gives him a prespective that is different than yours. If you feel that things are in the crapper so bad here, do him and I a favor and let us move up a number.

Otherwise look in the FCOM under
secton G
part ....F
line .....Y
letter ..S!

Exactly where did I "unload" on ANYBODY?

"No offense, but you should recognize that YOU, having been here 4 months, don't have the jetBlue background to speak for other JB pilots. ESPECIALLY those that have been here FIFTEEN TIMES longer than you.
OH! I almost forgot.
GOOD LUCK skiav8tor!"

Look at the PTO denials next month for JFK and LGB. What? 82% ?
And WTF are you talking about with your alphabetical sections, line, etc? My FCOM is listed 1,2,3, etc?
As I said, JB is the best airline going. But it's STILL just another airline.
Specifically, where did I disrespect anyone?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back