• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Application Window Opens Dec 1st

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you! Any idea how many are hired from the 50? Potentially all, or is there a fairly reliable percentage?
PP

No idea how many, potentially all yes. But, I think I've heard the 75% range. We want to hire you, you've been invited to interview because your experience warrants it.........your personality eventually wins it.
Good luck, it's not perfect.......but it's a good place to work.

Oh, my friend who interviewed on the 8th got the thumbs up for phase 2. So the calls are going out.

CD

No idea how many, potentially all yes. But, I think I've heard the 75% range. We want to hire you, you've been invited to interview because your experience warrants it.........your personality eventually wins it.

Oh, my friend who interviewed on the 8th got the thumbs up for phase 2. So the calls are going out.

CD
So I guess I only have one other question...which is better for crashpads, JFK or BOS?
Thanks
PP

I've been based at both. JFK is nice because there's plenty to do around Kew, crashpads can be had pretty cheap, and the company shuttle takes a lot of the transportation burden off you. When I was based at BOS there were only a few pads, most of which were accessible from the T in a so-so neighborhood. (Orient Heights, Revere Beach). The base has tripled in size since then, so I imagine there are more options now.

CD

What's to say that someone gets turned down and then re-interviews and gets hired. Did he/she revamp their personality overnight. I think there is something else going on too. With people having Blue Darts and having been to the MCO Invite Only Party in May there is more afoot then just being "Guy Smiley" at the interview. The JetBlue process today is new HR and a new hiring team than ALL of the previous hires. I'm not saying personality is a part of things, for sure it is, but this is still a market of around 20-30% qualified pilot unemployment and companies have the pick of the litter. Good luck and hold on.

What's to say that someone gets turned down and then re-interviews and gets hired. Did he/she revamp their personality overnight. I think there is something else going on too. With people having Blue Darts and having been to the MCO Invite Only Party in May there is more afoot then just being "Guy Smiley" at the interview. The JetBlue process today is new HR and a new hiring team than ALL of the previous hires. I'm not saying personality is a part of things, for sure it is, but this is still a market of around 20-30% qualified pilot unemployment and companies have the pick of the litter. Good luck and hold on.

I'm not exactly sure what your post means.....so I apologize. But, people that I know who have been turned down and then hired later.......usually admit to nerves gettin the best of em in the 1st round. You're correct, it's not all personality.....obviously because we have some complete TOOLS working here, but it's a major component. All I can say is, the friends I have here, mostly have great personalities, and the guys I know who didn't get hired....don't.

CD

I'm not exactly sure what your post means.....so I apologize. But, people that I know who have been turned down and then hired later.......usually admit to nerves gettin the best of em in the 1st round. You're correct, it's not all personality.....obviously because we have some complete TOOLS working here, but it's a major component. All I can say is, the friends I have here, mostly have great personalities, and the guys I know who didn't get hired....don't.

CD

LOL!! I meant that there is more than just personality going on in the hiring right now at B6. There will always be TOOLS that slip through the cracks and nerves can certainly play a part for interviewing mistakes. Its good to know that B6 will reinterview and hire on second attempts. I think that's a solid policy, especially for people who really WANT to work there.

Got a friend who got the call to interview. No open house, also got turned down in 07'.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back