• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Application Window Opens Dec 1st

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He's like me. We are both former Airborne Express guys, flew the DC-9 for 10+ years until DHL decided to pull the plug on the US market.

I just got offered the January 5th class this afternoon.

Cograts, I know a few ex-ABX guys, good group of fellas.

Do I have a shot at JB without my ATP? I have 3000+ 170/190 hours and the sic type, but still only on my comm/inst license...

What is your total time? I keep hearing through unofficial sources that to be competitive a civilian pilot needs 5000+ TT with some turbine PIC. So, if your TT is close to 5K or better and you have at least some turbine PIC I would say adding the ATP could make the difference between an invite or not. If you're short on the other stuff simply adding the ATP is probably not enough to get you over the hump.

"It is about a months pay."

Don't look at it like that. It's an investment in your career, a tax deductible one at that.

Last edited:
I have a question:

I met the mins and applied in the December window but by yesterday I still hadn't gotten a call, so I called over there and asked them why I hadn't been been called in yet and they apologized and told me there must have been some kind of mistake, can we please just do all this over the phone? So I said sure, and they said, "On a scale of one to ten, how big of a dork are you?" So I thought about it for a second and said, "Five," thinking it'd be better off if I didn't come across sounding too overconfident, and then they said, "Awesome! We'll be calling you back right away to begin the next phase!"

I'm still waiting. Is this unusual?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back