• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CatfishVT9 said:
Hmmmmm..........

Well, some interesting counterpoints.

Brokenwing, glad to see they called you. Now for the big question: did you get hired?

Yes I did get hired and I'm happy with the decision I made (B6 vs SWA). Hang in there, you'll get the call sooner or later. The hiring picture should be a bright one for the next few years.

CatfishVT9 said:
September of 2003!!

If your current availability date as listed on your application is "Sept. 2003" then that might be one reason you have not been called. I believe the computer automatically assumes that you are no longer interested in Jetblue if you do not keep your availability date current. There is no other way to take your application out of the system, so an "expired" availability date does it for you.

So.....if you want to be considered for an interview, you MUST keep your availability date current. I believe 1-6 months out is all that is considered for interviews, though I don't know the exact window.

In any case "Sept. 2003" won't work for you.

Skirt

Ahhh 2003! Great observation, I saw 2003 but my brain said 2004.

JD:cool:

skirt said:
If your current availability date as listed on your application is "Sept. 2003" then that might be one reason you have not been called. I believe the computer automatically assumes that you are no longer interested in Jetblue if you do not keep your availability date current. There is no other way to take your application out of the system, so an "expired" availability date does it for you.

So.....if you want to be considered for an interview, you MUST keep your availability date current. I believe 1-6 months out is all that is considered for interviews, though I don't know the exact window.

In any case "Sept. 2003" won't work for you.

Skirt

Are you SH%&*N me.

This would have been great information to have 2 1/2 years ago when I submitted my app. I never updated my availability cause I assumed (yeah I know) if todays date was past your availabilty date, then you were available.

Never did get called with 6000 hours TT, A320 type and over 500 hours in type.

Oh Well

Dean makes a point of it to tell applicants at job fairs, etc. to continually update your app. I mean monthly. If nothing else your availability date at least should be updated monthly.

Don't worry if you're not getting much flying in. We realize people are furloughed and can't manage to support their family as well as rack up 172 time.

So get back on the montly updates!

Happy landings

Keep Updating

Whether he made a typo here or on the jetBlue website application (Sept 2003 vs. Sept 2004) something Skirt was maybe trying to say and was not perceived is this; if you haven't at least checked or looked at your jetBlue Online Application in 6+ months it's a pretty good indicator that you are no longer interested.

Tip: keep your application current!!

Even the folks at jetBlue advocate that.

C ya

Well, I still don't get it, but I do appreciate everyone's troubleshooting inputs. I have usually updated it every month to whatever the current month is and loooked for any other errors that might be there. September 2003 was my initial available date. Dean Melonas even recognizes me at Air Inc seminars I've been to (maybe that's it).

Could it be that you have to make it the NEXT month to work?:confused:

Oh well, I'll just keep checking for a dial tone every 5 minutes.......

Thanks,
Catfish

slowly shaking my head...

Catfish said... "Could it be that you have to make it the NEXT month to work? "

I know what Skirt said is incredibly hard to follow, so let me give it a try. If you are in the month Feb 2003 and put down Feb 2003 then you are already past the date. When you update, put a specific date down, say 30 days from now, and include day, month, year. This will leave no possible doubt for the "computer" when the searches are run. If you know what day you put in, and you pass that day, you are no longer "eligible"...so get in and change the date! At least this way you know you are always eligible and available when the databases are searched.

Also remember that there are over 8000 applicants that have excellent qualifications, like you, on file, and only 60-80 interview every couple of months making it very competitve. This is not meant to be discouraging, but it is the reality. So don't get discouraged if the call hasn't come yet. Be peristent, hope this helps a little, and good luck!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back