• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Announces Broadband Deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem is we anounce this in Fall 2010, but dont' get the first aircraft till 2012+. When other airlines anounced WIFI for aircraft, they put it in service within months, not years!

In addition, we announced limited WIFI/Texting/Email back 3-4 years ago and was "suppose" to be out in a year, but NEVER got any farther than a test aircraft (BetaBlue). It seems we are really good at making early anoucnements and then failing to provide the final product. Which seems to JetBlue standard at all levels of the company. (promise the pilots improved pay, work rules, benefits, LOL/STD/LTD/OJI, retirement, etc, but then fail to deliver on most of it!)

Just my opinion......

FNG

You should leave JB and get a real job while you still can....don`t put up with all the issues.....Take a look around, there are no perfect flying jobs today, so quit your crying.

You should leave JB and get a real job while you still can....don`t put up with all the issues.....Take a look around, there are no perfect flying jobs today, so quit your crying.

Hey look, it's the "if you don't like it, quit" crowd, right on cue. How about trying to make it better? Nah.....

P.S., we announced something even better today, which we can ALL get behind, ALPA, JBPA, BoB, or whomever: NFL Sunday Ticket! Yeah, baby!

While this new satellite system may promise 3G like speeds, the initial latency of a sat system really sucks. I know, I live in the boonies and have one.

Click a link, off it goes 23,000 miles in space, then back down to the real internet to query a site. The return is the same up and back. Forget skype, gaming or any other interactive use.

GoGo is real cell based 3G, and while it slows down over Utah or when GoGo is giving it away and everybody is on line, the lack of latency makes it appear fast. GoGo works on the LA to FL gulf routes and if they put in the ground links it should work in MEX and within 200 mi of the island chain. Going way out to sea satellite is unfortunately the only way, but the "want it now" pax will complain anyway.

OTOH, any internet is better than Oprah on Live TV or drawing smiley faces on the bald spot of the guy in front of you.

Just to be clear.

I have long past the point that anything Dave says gets my hopes up.

The WiFi thing though seems credible since that is the point of this new technology.
Sorry...

Spring loaded to the D2 is full of it position.

I watched the FoxBusiness video and Dave is quick and very savvy.

The interviewer said that the system would have overwater capability and he did not disagree or agree. He let the viewer make up his own mind. Very savvy.

The system does have the capability if a satellite is pointed at the ocean which is possible but not probable considering the cost would have to be incurred by relatively few users.

Dave did say that overwater would be very expensive.

I don't expect it to occur in the next 10 years.

Well, suppoosedly this system will have much better speeds. Time will tell, hope the rocket doesn't blow up on launch!

Latest resources

Back