JetBlue and ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
By the way, Blueside

Industry leading wages are paid by union airlines.

I don't care if you look at SW, Fedex, UPS or any of the other airlines that pay a decent wage, they're all union.

You, on the other hand, are apparently an idiot.

REZ,
bad leadership is always a problem. JB has good leaders running the show, why should we take the risk with a Union.

Because with a union you could create a professional craft and class.

Your good leaders running the show believe this

jbpilot=gate agent=ramper=FA.

You will always be perceived as part of this class of employee. Gate agents/rampers/FAs do not have career expections as pilots do. JB pilots, with education, training, skill and responsibility have a fair expectation to have a more consumerate compensation package than FA's and rampers.

Your JB leaders do not. They believe jbpilot=gate agent=ramper=FA.

Would you be a good Union leader? Do you understand the industry? What makes a good Union and Union Leadership?

A committed and participatory pilot group.

What many here dont realize is that some of your strongest union supporters could come right from the BOB list. Many of them have the strongest expectations of all which will ultimately lead to the strongest dissappointment.

I know a few guys that literally every aspect of their life revolves around jetblue. A committment on a level as if jetblue was a child or a spouse.

Of course 3 of them made over 300k with 5% profit share contribution this year..

Click,

You can compare a large majority of the BoB's to a beaten spouse. They will continue to take whatever management gives and find a way to rationalize. This is the frustrating part.

Click,

You can compare a large majority of the BoB's to a beaten spouse. They will continue to take whatever management gives and find a way to rationalize. This is the frustrating part.

A lot of the Boobs are star struck. They have been involved in committee after committee after committee. These guys have been in meetings with the big boys in management and now have Stockholm Syndrome. It's either that or they don't want their litlle world upset wether they are check airmen or super senior. It's pretty sad to see. As I have said over and over again, no one will vote for a union out of charity. They will have to be personally affected or have a close friend affected by our poor benefits and pay before they will cast their yes vote.

By the way, Blueside

Industry leading wages are paid by union airlines.

I don't care if you look at SW, Fedex, UPS or any of the other airlines that pay a decent wage, they're all union.

You, on the other hand, are apparently an idiot.

Well, at least we're at industry standard for message board etiquette. Brings back memories of the ALPA message boards.

I'm willing to pay 2% for a chance at industry standard.

I'm capable of recognizing that a 2% cost to me would probably mean about a 17% increase in dollars earned, assuming that ALPA can get me anywhere near what the PCRB report said that I should be at.

How many Union jobs have leading contracts? Did TWA or USAir under ALPA have a leading contract?

Where do get the 17% figure? I understand you are angry but that is not a reason to make things up. Just because a Union is on property does not mean more money.

When I read stuff like this, the same kind of propaganda that the BoB's produced, I find it hard to believe that guys like this are allowed to touch the controls of a jet.

Whether you agree or disagree with my opinion about the need for a union is irrelevant, the facts that I used are true.

You don't get a good contract without a union, the PCRB puts my position and years of service at about 17% underpaid in comparison to the rest of the major airlines surveyed.

Some of these guys need to put down the glass of blue juice and read the three reports. They contain a wealth of information that show you how we are basement-dwellers.

I didn't make anything up, Blueside.

Here is an idea: if you are an ex TWA pilot at JB, get ALPA and ensure you elect leaders that won't waive your scope!

If you are ex USAIR at JB, get ALPA and ensure that your elected leaders don't agree to binding arbitration!.

But ...but...but (stammer,stutter) that calls for the pilot group to get (GASP!!! :eek: ) Involved ...!!!

PHXFLYR:cool:

Latest resources

Back