JetBlue and AirInc ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kommutrdog

I plan on going to the AirInc Job Fair in ATL to give Kit Darby $200 and listen to him tell us about the pilot shortage...

Seriously, my question to any JetBlue folks here is: Does making the appearance and giving the JB recruiter your resume really help you out in getting an interview ?? I have heard that JB selects strictly on a "by the numbers" basis.

Can anyone shed some light on JB's "real" interview selection process? I am not trying to sound jaded, because I would donate a kidney to get a job there and drink all the koolaid necessary. I just want to know what I am up against.

Thank you.

An amusing 'aside'

I stood in line a while to chat to the JetBlue HR people in Atlanta 2001. After 45 minutes I finally got to show a very business like lady my resume. Glancing over it she said, "this looks fine, but what is an F-14 and do you have the necessary turbine time?"

I think you need a contact on the inside (Brilliant my dear Watson)

All I did was submit the app online. They sent me a confirmation letter and about 4 months later I get a call from a nice lady telling me that she needed to ask me some questions before she schedules me an interview.

She asked me mostly about my qualifications and then asked me, "Do you have 1000 or more pilot time in an aircraft of 20K lbs. or over?" I replied NO. Then I added that my aircraft is 17,120 MaxGTOW (BE1900D). She replied, "AWWWWW, JetBlue is really strict about their requirements, please apply when you meet the 20K criteria."

I did not have to pay Kit Darby a penny thank goodness.

Is that 1000 hours in an airplane over 20,000 lbs or 1000 hours as aircraft commander in an airplane over 20,000 lbs? More importantly, who is that chick?

I don't know if it has changed but when I met with the JB folks at the ATL Air Inc. conf in ATL in 2001, they looked at my resume and said it looked good but they weren't taking any resumes at the job fair...said "you have to apply online". I did and haven't heard a word from them in 2 years and I do know a couple of guys there. :confused:

Kommutrdog,

Well, it's been addressed on other threads before, so I won't beat a dead horse.

Contrary to the rumors, your interview selection is a computerized process. Each month the criteria change (hence the reason to update your app monthly before Dean does the downloads for the next round of interviews) based on the new qualifications they're interested in. Dean's team does an outstanding job of juggling the 121/135/corporate/military etc. fairly into the interviews.

Knowing someone on the inside isn't considered a part of the process until you pass the interview and are into the background phase. At that point, LORs are considered as part of your package.

We'll be in ATL. Yes, we've been instructed to take all resumes (since everyone goes to the effort do be there and present them in person) but it isn't the way we allocate interviews. Dean will be there and he'll tell you himself.

Many threads have dealt with this issue but I hope this helps some.

Happy landings,
See you in ATL.

B190Captain,

Well, I can't possibly say no. There's is always an outside chance.
However, we have 6000 apps on file and the qualified are becomingly increasingly so with all the "senior furloughees" out there.

We have guys in training now who are in their mid 50s with 30 years of flying already. Of course, the positive side to this is that JB is willing to take a chance on these folks that even if recalled, they won't go anywhere. Plus, the experience level is phenomenal and you can't ignore that in an interview.

Happy landings

Thanks !

Thank you everyone for your input on this thread.

Guess I'll go to ATL, hand Dean my resume just to get my name in circulation and hope that it will stick, somehow.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back