Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dlredline

A question for those in the 6/25/03 interview group with JetBlue:

Has anybody heard anything since getting passed on to Phase 2? 3 weeks into Phase 2, and several of us are killing brain cells thinking about this wait. Only word I've had was the FAA PRIA form filling by 'Blue, and none of my references have been called yet. Oh well, back to biting my fingernails.

DL

This isn't news to you I'm sure....but....when I was fortunate enough to be given the green light to phase 2, my references were not called until 4 weeks later. It was another 2 weeks when I was given the good news with a start date. A long 6 week+ wait to be put into a firm class, and more of a wait for class to actually begin. Also, if any or all of your refs are current JB employees, it doesn't surprise me that they haven't been called yet. They don't really "interview" JB employee references like they do others. Thus, they (Salt Lake) tends to take there time calling them. What I'm trying to say is what you probably already know. Relax...6 weeks plus is the norm. Best of luck and hope to fly wit cha someday soon!

I interviewed July 01, got the formal nod 9/13 01 (yes...two days after the horrific terror attacks on NYC and Washington).

It is a slow, but solid process. Take comfort in knowing your future employer really does check to make sure people are who they claimed to be at the interview, and they strive the eliminate the rotton apples who might have snuck through...

DL...you ain't one of those apples....hang tough and good news is around the corner.

Thanks Albie. Trust me, everyone, if it wasn't for Emerald Interview's help in prepping me for Phase 1, Phase 2 wouldn't have been an option. You da man!

DL

Don't give Albie a big head. After all, he has to fit into that Eagle cockpit now and then.

I, on the other hand, simply have to fit into the sim...The Gz are much easier there.

Best of luck DLRedline--it may be a long six weeks, but chances are that if you've gotten this far you will be rewarded with a class date sometime soon.

Completion of Phase II

DL (et al),

Phase II will be officailly over when the Pilot Review Board meets on what is probably already scheduled for a specific date. The folks on the PRB are President, VP of Opns, VP of People, Chief Pilot, and Director of Flight Training. Naturally, these guys are busy dudes so they most definately have a set date by now. I am sure if you make a phone call or two, or an email, you will be told the date. Until then, you must relax. I know that is easy for me to say, but just trying to help.

After all the SLC gals gather all the info and all of the official docs come back, the PRB reviews everything and then picks the winners and forwards the names to Dean for notification.

Hang in there Pal.

dlredline,
I am waiting as well. Although my references were called within about 24 hours of the Phase 2 email, others I know are still waiting. Maybe it is alphabetical or something.

I will second the incredible prep that Emerald Interviews provided. I can't imagine hitting the interview without the course Albie offers. Hope to see you in the near future. Good luck!

diablo25

Yes, it is nice to know, that Albie provides a course, that will assist in getting hired.

While perfectly reasonable, it does "teach" people how to pass the interview phase.

Something I have mixed feelings about, I suppose.

You're kidding, right?

First, I disagree that anyone can be "taught" to pass an interview after one 3 hour session, if at all (Boy, that seems to short-change the applicant, and to an even greater extent, the professionalism of the individuals conducting the interview).

Second, Aaron provided me with the "tools" I needed to confidently present my qualifications through various past experiences. But, last I saw, Aaron wasn't sitting next to me in New York last month. Just me and the interviewers. But that certainly doesn't diminish the value of his service. And for someone like me, who's been with the same major airline for 15 years and hadn't interviewed in 15 years, much less ever one involving the "targeted selection" format, I certainly am not proud enough to admit I needed help with the process. But you only need look at my qualifications to the left to realize, I'm also not new to the industry, either.

And finally, I am absolutely convinced (as are numerous other past clients) that Aaron's preparation is vital for anyone like me who hasn't interviewed in a long time. He is very thorough and professional. Is his service worth the $$? You bet, and if I get a class date with JetBlue, it'll be the best money and time I ever spent in this profession.

Good luck, to ya, Dizel8.

DL

Dizel8 said:
Yes, it is nice to know, that Albie provides a course, that will assist in getting hired.

While perfectly reasonable, it does "teach" people how to pass the interview phase.

Something I have mixed feelings about, I suppose.

I am full of admiration for you and what you have done and I sincerely hope you get the job. This was not intended to go after your nor Albie, who, from what I can see here, does an excellent job of preparing applicants.

Heck, I hope it turns out for all of us in aviation.

Like I said, I have mixed feelings about it, that's all. Nothing more.

Take care and see ya soon.

D8

Latest resources

Back